Houghton Mifflin Goes Up the River(deep) in A $5 Billion Venture
- HM Will Keep Trade Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p6
The article presents speculations regarding the fate of the trade and reference division of Houghton Mifflin (HM) amidst news that Riverdeep agreed to acquire HM. Veteran players in the mergers and acquisitions field said one factor favoring a sale of the division is the huge debt the combined...
- What's Next For Houghton Mifflin? Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p1
Relates the views of four veterans of publishing acquisitions on the sale of the publishing company Houghton Mifflin. Veronis Suhler Stevenson managing director Martin Maleska; Attorney Martin Levin; NYU Center for Publishing director Robert Baensch; Whitestone Communications president Baran Rosen.
- Houghton Mifflin Bought Out; Trade Division Future Unknown. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p1
The article reports plans of a buyout of Houghton Mifflin Co., an educational publishing based in Boston, Massachusetts, by Riverdeep Interactive Learning Ltd., based in Dublin, Ireland. The deal will combine Riverdeep Holdings Ltd. with Houghton Mifflin to create Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep...
- Market news. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar2004, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p47
Presents news briefs in the literary publishing industry as of March 2004. Launch of "Cin," a weekly magazine for Cincinnati by Gannett Co.; Release of the test issues of "Hallmark" magazine; Acquisition of supplemental tools provider Cognitive Concepts by Houghton Mifflin.
- HM Absorbs Kingfisher. // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p13
Provides information on the consolidation of the operations of the Larousse Kingfisher Chambers division of Vivendi and its acquired publishing company Houghton Mifflin. Number of employees affected by the move; Background on Kingfisher; Employees appointed to manage Kingfisher.
- ABC-CLIO "Buys" Greenwood Imprints. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;11/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p16
This article reports that the publishing company ABC-CLIO has been granted a license to use products published by the publishing company Greenwood Imprints by Greenwood parent company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Companies publishing under the Greenwood Imprints label include Greenwood Press,...
- Time Past, Time Future. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p5
The author comments on the plan of Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep to acquire Harcourt from Reed Elsevier. The author mentions that Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep has taken on debt, and the best way to pay off debt is to publish books that will be best-sellers. Some agents believe that the merger will...
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.