ABC Wins 18-49 Demo In November Sweeps
- ABC LEADS WAY AT MURROWS. Atkin, Hillary // Television Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p14
The article announces that the American Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) News wins in the categories of overall excellence, hard news feature, investigative reporting, and news documentary in the 2008 Edward R. Murrow Awards.
- Slow and Steady May Win the Race. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;12/4/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on CBS, which may be able to win the adults 18-49 demo. ABC currently holds the top position for it, but CBS's strong schedule, which will include the "Super Bowl XLI," may help the network to overtake ABC. Fox, with is "American Idol" program, is also hoping to win. Further...
- Media mix. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;5/4/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p36
The article offers news briefs relating to print, electronic, and alternative media in the U.S. as of May 1992. A Nielsen Media Research Inc. study revealed that about two million male viewers 18 years old and above watch an average telecast of "Monday Night Football," over ABC. Best Western...
- Service to Children-Television. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 23, p6a
The article announces that KRGV-TV in Weslaco, Texas has garnered the Service to Children award for television for 2008 in U.S.
- 'MONEY FOR NOTHING,' A PASSING OFFENSIVE,' AND 'THE BURIED AND THE DEAD'. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p14
The article announces that WFAA-TV, the ABC affiliate television station in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, has won the Gold Baton award from the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Awards.
- NFL solid in TV households. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/30/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 46, p3
ABC Sports' "Monday Night Football" (MNF) ended the year with an 11.5 average household rating, 1% better than a year ago, and is the third-ranked show this season in primetime overall and the top-rated show among men 18-49 and 25-54, according to Nielsen Media Research Inc. Among all viewers,...
- 'MNF' Pass to Cable Sets Ratings Record. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that the first "Monday Night Football" (MNF) season of ESPN got the highest rating in cable history. Nielsen Media Research Inc. data show that the network got an average of 9.9 household cable rating, with 9.11 million and 12.3 million viewers watched its 17-game slate. ESPN...
- Cable's All-Time 'High' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p56
The article announces that the August 17, 2007 premier of High School Musical 2 (HSM2) on the Disney Channel is the most watched cable television program of all time based on the Nielsen live-plus seven day measurement ratings. The HSM2 broadcast still hold the record over the September 15, 2008...
- Investigative reporting--television. // Quill;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p27
Comments on the investigative report on television 'The Secret Report,' by the WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio. Overview of the investigative report; Number of years consumed in completing the report; Award given to WCPO-TV for their investigative report.