Heart of Blackness
- Schomburg delivers three classics via 'The Ed Bullins Retrospective'. Salaam, Yusef // New York Amsterdam News;03/04/99, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p24
Features `The Ed Bullins Retrospective' featuring dramas written by Ed Bullins presented by the National Black Touring Circuit. Plot of the dramas; Bullins' style of writing.
- DRAMATIST. Anderson, Jervis // New Yorker;6/16/1973, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p40
The article profiles Ed Bullins, the most prolific African-American playwright in the United States. His most popular plays include "Goin' a Buffalo," "In the Wine Time," "The Electronic Nigger," "The Duplex," "Clara's Ole Man," "In New England Winter" and "The Fabulous Miss Marie." He believes...
- Bullins explains the theme behind his theatrical writings. Armstrong, Linda // New York Amsterdam News;04/26/97, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p21
Presents information on the theater offering of Ed Bullins entitled `Boy X Man' which will be presented by the Negro Ensemble Company (NEC) at the Samuel Beckett Theatre, New York on May 16 through June 15, 1997. Description of the production; Background information on Bullins; Explainations of...
- Stanley Kauffmann on theater: Now and Als Then. // New Republic;6/7/75, Vol. 172 Issue 23, p20
Reviews the theatrical production "The Taking of Miss Janie," written by Ed Bullins and starring Hilary Jean Beane and Robert B. Silver.
- OFF BROADWAY. Oliver, Edith // New Yorker;11/5/1973, Vol. 49 Issue 37, p89
The article reviews the play "House Party,"directed by Ed Bullin and starring Alice Mary, Gary Bolling and Andre Mtumi, performed in New York City.
- OFF BROADWAY: A Hard Night's Sleep. Oliver, Edith // New Yorker;3/4/1972, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p82
The article reviews two play including "Sleep," written by Jack Gelber and performed by David Spielberg held at the American Place theater in New York and "Goin' a Buffalo," written by Ed Bullin and directed by Hugh Gittens held at the WPA theater in Harlem, New York City.
- ED BULLINS (1935--). Houston, Helen Ruth // Afro American Novel 1965 - 1975: A Descriptive Bibliography of P;1977, p34
A descriptive bibliography of primary and secondary material of 1965-1975 novel by and about Ed Bullins which includes "The Reluctant Rapist," by Ed Bullins, "Profiles," by Jervis Anderson and Black American Writers Past and Present: A Biographical and Bibliographical Dictionary," and...
- Life Expectancy. // Journal of Pan African Studies;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p238
The poem "Life Expectancy," by Ed Bullins is presented. First Line: Start with this; Last Line: dancing with the women of Mulala.
- Pokeno. Muntu, Kamaria // Journal of Pan African Studies;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p243
The poem "Pokeno," by Ed Bullins is presented. First Line: Nana played Pokeno with real women; Last Line: doused with Emeraude played on through.