The Unexpected Anabolic Phenotype and Extended Longevity of Skin Fibroblasts after Chronic Glucocorticoid Excess
- Betamethasone valerate/clobetasol. // Reactions Weekly;7/21/2012, Issue 1411, p11
The article describes the case of two patients who developed Cushing's syndrome after excessive topical glucocorticoid therapy.
- Hydrocortisone/methylprednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;3/26/2011, Issue 1344, p18
The article describes cases of Cushing's syndrome and vertebral fractures in two women with primary hypophysitis during treatment with glucocorticoids.
- Can dietary restriction increase longevity in all species, particularly in human beings? Introduction to a debate among experts. Le Bourg, Éric; Rattan, Suresh I. S. // Biogerontology;Jun2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p123
This article introduces a special issue of Biogerontology, for which a number of international experts who are still active or have been active in research on the effects of dietary restriction (DR) were asked to answer the following question. Do you think that DR can increase longevity in all...
- Dexamethasone. // Reactions Weekly;8/18/2012, Issue 1415, p19
The article describes the case of a 42-year-old woman who developed Cushing syndrome while receiving dexamethasone for glaucoma and Pott's disease.
- Glucocorticoid receptors and depression. Whalley, L.J.; Borthwick, N.; Copolov, D.; Dick, H.; Christie, J.E.; Pink, G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/29/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6524, p859
Examines the affinity of glucocorticoid receptors in depressed patients. Analysis of plasma cortisol concentrations in patients with Cushing's syndrome; Insensitivity of the tissue of psychiatric patients on cortisol concentrations; Evaluation of the glucocorticoid receptors in the lymphocytes...
- The Cushing Syndrome Induced by Medroxyprogesterone Acetate. Siminoski, Kerry; Gross, Paul; Drucker, Daniel J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/1/89, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p758
Reports a case of Cushing syndrome caused by high doses of a progestational agent medroxyprogesterone acetate. Information on the glucocorticoid properties of the progestational agent; Description of the condition of the patient; Side effects of glucocorticoid activity.
- Tsp509I polymorphism in exon 2 of the glucocorticoid receptor gene in relation to obesity and cortisol secretion: cohort study. Sorensen; Echwald; Rosmond, Roland; Bouchard, Claude; Bjorntorp, Per // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/17/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7287, p652
Addresses how chronically elevated cortisol levels can increase body fat. Example of Cushing's syndrome; How subjects with abdominal obesity share many of the hormonal, metabolic and circulatory characteristics of people with Cushing's syndrome; Speculation that an Asn363Ser polymorphism in...
- Increased CV risk with glucocorticoids in Cushing's. // Reactions Weekly;8/4/2012, Issue 1413, p1
The article focuses on a study by researchers from Great Britain which showed that early screening and management of cardiovascular (CV) risk factors is essential for patients with iatrogenic Cushing's syndrome (CS) who are administered with systemic glucocorticoids.
- Hormesis is Applicable as a Pro-Healthy Aging Intervention in Mammals and Human Beings. Pardon, Marie-Christine // Dose-Response;2010, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p22
The aging of the population brings new heath challenges, and in particular, the need to implement suitable pro-healthy aging interventions. This paper discusses the potential of mild stressors inducing hormesis as a lifespan and healthspan extension strategy and how it can be applied to the...