The role of law in a Palestinian-Israeli accomodation[*]
- The Peace of Jerusalem. Egan, Anthony // America;03/19/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p28
Calls for the promotion of peace between Israel and Palestine. Event that led to the political uprising; Role played by Christians in the struggle against apartheid; Crisis within the Palestinian National Authority; Reflection on the apartheid in South Africa.
- Fading prospects for peace. Blanford, Nicholas // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p16
Reports impact of escalation of violence in south Lebanon on the peace negotiations between Syria and Israel. Bombing of Lebanese electricity sub-stations; Role of Lebanon on the peace process; Involvement of the Shia Muslim Hizbullah insurgent movement; Sentiments of the Lebanese media on the...
- The quest for peace. HAYES, SUSAN // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p6
Probes into the Middle East peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Overview of the peace treaty; Factor that triggered the nations' dilemma; Implication of the peace treaty; Opposition against the treaty.
- Get peace back on track. // Christian Science Monitor;10/2/96, Vol. 88 Issue 216, p20
Editorial. Discusses the peace process in the Middle East, that was destroyed due to the explosion of violence in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza. Information on the role of the United States in acting as mediator between Israel, and Palestine; Examination of the summit between Israeli...
- Israel drags feet on Wye accord. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/13/98, Vol. 42 Issue 46, p13
Focuses on the efforts of Israel to agree on the terms of the Wye peace accord with Palestine in 1998; Submission by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of the Wye peace agreement to the cabinet for approval; Terms under the peace agreement; Political impact of the Wye deal.
- Waiting for peace. Butter, David // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/6/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p2
Reports on the prospects for a peace agreement between Israel and Syria. Optimism for the peace talks; Description of the preliminary talks between the leaders of the two countries; Nature of the peace process; Role of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak in the peace process; Plans for the formal...
- Olso: The Peacemongers Return. Podhoretz, Norman // Commentary;Oct2001, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p21
Presents a commentary on several issues on the conflict between Israel and Palestine as of October 2001. Views on martyrdom through the practice of suicide bombings; Comments on the inaction of the U.S. government to Yasir Arafat's violations of the Oslo agreements; Reason for the Palestinian's...
- The Israeli-Syrian Impasse. Zunes, Stephen // Tikkun;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p53
Comments on the conflict between Israel and Syria as of November 2000. Details on the peace agreement between the two countries; Involvement of the United States government in the peace agreement; Views on the willingness of the countries to pursue negotiations.
- Palestinians boost mideast peace, end call for... Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;4/26/96, Vol. 88 Issue 106, p6
Reports that the Palestinian-Israel peace process took a step forward preparing the way for final status talks on the 1993 peace accord scheduled to begin in May, 1996. Comments from Khalil Shikaki, a political scientist at An-Najah University in Nablus; Why Israelis will now trust the...