Understanding the New Code Requirements
- IMPACT OF WINDOWS PARAMETERS ON THE THERMAL PERFORMANCE OF A MULTI-FAMILY BUILDING. TRZĄSKI, ADRIAN; PANEK, ALEKSANDER; RUCIŃSKA, JOANNA // Technical Transactions;2015, Issue 8, p473
The paper presents an analysis of the influence of various window types on the thermal performance of a multi-family building. In the analysis several different fenestration system configurations were considered. For these systems, heating and cooling demand of the building was estimated...
- Comparison of the performance of a whole house low energy ventilation system in contrasting European climatic regions. McEvoy, M. E.; Southall, R. // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p213
An experimental 'whole house low energy ventilation system' has been installed and tested in dwellings in Denmark and Poland. Both sites have adjacent houses of identical plan layout, which have been used as a control for the experimental dwellings. A weather station was installed adjacent to...
- The Influence of Construction Fillings of Building on Airtightness. Kraus, Michal; Kubečková, Darja // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 899, p166
Construction fillings of buildings such as windows, doors or gates are very often the cause of the increased energy balance of buildings. Especially for energy - efficient buildings are windows and doors the weakest parts of the building. Low quality connection of filling construction to a...
- The ratings game. Wardell, Charles; Fritz, Sandy // Popular Science;Jan94, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p42
Reports that the establishment of a clear, standard rating service is underway, following the recent decision of many window manufacturers to put energy performance labels with certified U-factors on their products. Previous problems with accurately comparing window performance; How U-factors...
- Options for insulating home windows. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p31
Presents options for insulating home windows. Increase in energy efficiency; Thermal performance; Types of windows; Selection and installation of right window screens; Window framing materials.
- Make these efficient window quilts. Robishaw, Sue // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p56
Shows how to make window quilts for insulation. Materials needed; Patchwork; Directions in sewing; Use of a rigid insulated panel for the greenhouse.
- What Should I Do About My Windows? Mattinson, Bill; dePaola, Ross; Arasteh, Dariush // Home Energy;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24
Discusses window retrofit decisions with a help of an advisory tool. Factors that create complication on valid energy savings projections; Information on how to develop a retrofit evaluation process; Suggestions for the improvement of the thermal performance of windows. INSET: A Window Glossary.
- Design on a Dime. Hattam, Jennifer // Sierra;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p12
The article presents information on a 56-unit ecofriendly apartment complex near San Diego, California. It informs that the Solara apartments have cost-effective features that make it affordable for low- to moderate-income families. Low-emissivity windows reduce heat loss and gain, and are...
- Five chamber test results. // Glass Age;Sep2003, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p40
Reports that Spectus Systems' New Elite 70 system has been proven to enhance the heat insulation performance of windows in Great Britain. Five-chambered design of the system; Testing of the system at the National Physics Laboratory; Compliance with building regulations.