An Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Model of Care for Neurosurgical Patients
- Patients with long-term neurological conditions: delivering best practice in the community. Mendes, Aysha // British Journal of Community Nursing;Dec2014, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p616
The article examines the current provision for people with long-term neurological conditions (LTNCs). Topics discussed include the role of community nurses in relation to awareness of third-sector resources and patient accommodation to self-manage, the complexities of LTNCs anatomically and...
- An Example of Persistence. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p36
No abstract available.
- From a ICU Nurse to a Neurology Nurse Practitioner. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Jun2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p54
No abstract available.
- Non-M.D.s provide lots of care. // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov2001, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on the provision of care by non-physician professionals. Inclusion of nurse practitioners and physician assistant in the office staff; Comparison of care provided by non-physicians and physicians; Involvement of therapeutic and preventive services.
- For nurses, a barrier broken. Lardner, James // U.S. News & World Report;07/27/98, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the role of nurse practitioners in health care. Criticism of the nurse practitioner role; Training of the nurse practitioner compared to a medical doctor; Study by the Office of Technology Assessment rating the care of nurse practitioners; Cost to Health Maintenance Organizations for...
- Privatisation plan defeated in NT. Serghis, Dimitri // Australian Nursing Journal;May99, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the abandonment of Northern Territory's (NT) government plans to privatize its health services. Information on the industrial action against privatization by unions; Comments from John Haynes, branch secretary of the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF) in NT; Introduction of nurse...
- Trial reaches halfway stage. Harrison, Leonie // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on an investigation into the feasibility of the nurse practitioner (NP) level of service in optimizing the delivery of health care in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Models of health service that were selected for the investigation; Significance of the ACT NP trial;...
- The Marketability of Nurse Practitioners in New York City. Garfield, Richard // Nursing Economic$;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the willingness of affluent and private pay patients in New York City to choose nursing practitioners as their primary medical care providers. Relevance to the market potentials of nursing practitioners in the city; Survey findings indicating positive patients' impressions prompting...
- Typical application procedure. Miller, Sally K. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
The article offers a step-by-step procedure in a typical application for nurse practitioners.