Ask the Experts
- Induction of EMT-like phenotypes by an active metabolite of leflunomide and its contribution to pulmonary fibrosis. Namba, T.; Tanaka, K.-I.; Ito, Y.; Hoshino, T.; Matoyama, M.; Yamakawa, N.; Isohama, Y.; Azuma, A.; Mizushima, T. // Cell Death & Differentiation;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1882
Drug-induced interstitial lung disease (ILD), particularly pulmonary fibrosis, is a serious clinical concern and myofibroblasts have been suggested to have a major role, with it recently being revealed that some of these myofibroblasts are derived from lung epithelial cells through...
- Chronic Interstitial Lung Disease. Hilman, Bettina C. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1998, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p701
Editorial. Deals with chronic interstitial lung disease (ILD). Characteristics of interstitial pulmonary fibrosis; Utilization of glucocorticosteroids in the treatment of ILD.
- Analyzing the genes and peptide growth factors expressed... Brody, Arnold R.; Liu, Jing-Yao; Brass, David; Corti, Miriam // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Sep97 Supplement 5, Vol. 105, p1165
Presents a summary of the approaches used in understanding the mechanisms of interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. In vivo exposures done in the study; Exposure of defined mouse strains; Long-term culture of alveolar epithelial cells; Other similar systems that can be used during in vitro investigation.
- Aberrant expression of cytokine interleukin 9 along with interleukin 4 and interferon Î³ in connective tissue disease-associated interstitial lung disease: association with severity of pulmonary fibrosis. Shan Jiang; Zhi Wang; Han Ouyang; Zhichun Liu; Lingyun Li; Yongbing Shi; Jiang, Shan; Wang, Zhi; Ouyang, Han; Liu, Zhichun; Li, Lingyun; Shi, Yongbing // Archives of Medical Science;Feb2016, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p101
Introduction:Connective tissues diseases (CTDs) are a heterogeneous group of disorders that share certain clinical characteristics and disturbed immunoregulation. Interstitial lung diseases (ILDs), also known as diffuse parenchymal lung diseases, are among the most serious...
- Case-based discussion: Lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia a rare presentation in an immunocompetent adult male. Chitnis, Ajay; Vyas, Pradeep Kumar; Chaudhary, Priyanka; Ghatavat, Gaurav // Lung India;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p500
Lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia (LIP) is a rare form of interstitial lung disease usually associated with other systemic diseases; however, idiopathic cases are being reported. As per recent ATS/ERS 2013 guidelines, diagnostic criteria of clinical, radiological and histopathological for LIP...
- Smoking-Related ''Interstitial'' Lung Disease. Franks, Teri J.; Galvin, Jeffrey R. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Aug2015, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p974
Context.--Emphysema, respiratory bronchiolitis, des-quamative interstitial pneumonia, pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis, small-airway injury including submuco-sal and adventitial fibrosis, increased bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue, and small artery/arteriolar wall thickening are...
- Pulmonary fi brosis in ICU setting. Andarini, Sita // Critical Care & Shock;Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p73
The article discusses the progressive nature of Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) that results in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) admission due to respiratory failure with additional complications that include sepsis, multiple organ failure and death.
- Interstitial lung disease: time to rethink the snapshot diagnosis? Antin-Ozerkis, Danielle; Kolb, Martin // Thorax;Jan2016, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the need for diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) to provide management decisions for its treatment. Topics discussed include a clinical-radiological-pathological multidisciplinary diagnosis implemented by the guidelines of the American Thoracic Society (ATS)...
- Fc? Receptor IIIb (CD16b) Polymorphisms are Associated with Susceptibility to Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Bournazos, Stylianos; Bournazou, Irini; Murchison, John T.; Wallace, William A.; McFarlane, Pauline; Hirani, Nikhil; Simpson, A. John; Dransfield, Ian; Hart, Simon P. // Lung;Dec2010, Vol. 188 Issue 6, p475
n excess of neutrophils in the alveoli and lung interstitium has been described in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Engagement of neutrophil Fc? receptors with IgG complexes may contribute to the pathogenesis of IPF. The neutrophil Fc?RIIIb receptor occurs in two codominantly expressed...