Bad Signs for Subprime Auto
- Jumbo Performance Showing Signs of Credit Improvement. // Mortgage Servicing News;Jul2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the improvement in the performance of prime credit quality jumbo mortgages for March 2007 in the U.S. According to Moody's Investors Service Inc., 0.378% of prime jumbo mortgages were 60 days or more past due in March, which is down from 0.383% in February 2007. However,...
- Downgraded Big Banks Feel More Pressed to Sell Assets. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;6/25/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 97, p1
The article reports on the potential impact of Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of several major banks on the U.S. banking industry. Analysts' views that the downgrades will reduce liquidity, constrain access to funding, and increase funding costs which will hamper activity in the loan...
- California Housing Finance Agency HMRB Upgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2015, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it upgraded the long-term underlying rating on California Housing Finance Agency's home mortgage revenue bonds to A3 from Baa2.
- Moody's HEIC Reflects Decline. // National Mortgage News;8/13/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p26
The article reports on the deterioration of the performance in the home-equity sector at the end of June 2007 based on Moody's Investors Service's home-equity index composite in the U.S. According to the credit rating agency, the reading for loans delinquent for over 60 days rose to 12.35...
- Sub-prime needs extreme caution, warns Moody's. Bone, Alison // Money Marketing;9/18/2003, p5
Reports on rating agency, Moody's warning to mortgage lenders in the sub-prime sector on the increase market risk. Lenders' entry into the self-cert sector; Risks of lending in the self-cert sector; Lenders' dismissal of Moody's concerns.
- Two Lean Years Foreseen As Banks Clean Up Loans. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;6/3/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 105, p16
The article reports on the performance of banks in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service annual review of the banking sector, which includes 69 financial institutions, projects that U.S. banks will remain unprofitable until 2010 due to an estimated $470 billion in losses. Craig A. Emrick, vice...
- Low Yields, Loosening Terms Raise Risk for Banks: Moody's. Browdie, Brian // American Banker;5/14/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 74, p5
The article looks at the U.S. banking industry in light of lowered loan pricing and looser standards for loan origination. A report from Moody's Investors Service suggests banks are at risk because lower pricing gives less protection from commercial and industrial (C&I) loan defaults. The...
- The Downfall of Dane. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33188, p9
The article offers information on the downgraded financial performance of Dane County in Wisconsin, assessed by the Moody's Investors Service. It has been affected by the declining fund balance that invloves $236 million of debt. Meanwhile, Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds can be issued...
- Moody's Q4, '15 view strong. INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY // Investors Business Daily;2/9/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the financial performance of credit rating agency Moody's in the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014 and mentions projection on strong gains on its bond-ratings and analytics division in 2015.