TWO SURPRISING MARKETS
- Indonesia: Elections The Next Hurdle. // Asia Weekly Financial Alert;2/23/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p1
Having let go of the IMF's helping hand at the end of last year, the Indonesian government has thus far managed to keep its balance and maintain the confidence of international investors. Latest inflation figures show CPI at 4.8% y-o-y in January, down from 5.1% in December, with the responsible...
- SURVIVING ROCKY Financial Markets. Day, Daniel M. // ColoradoBiz;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
Offers advice to investors on dealing with the volatility of the stock markets. Role of investment strategy in determining whether to keep or abandon stocks; Impact of asset diversification on volatility; Importance of investing regularly; Significance of considering taxation issues of investing.
- Investor gloom at lowest level since September 11. // Money Marketing;2/13/2003, p16
Reports on the reduction in investor confidence in Great Britain resulting from terrorism in September 2001. Impact on transactions at the stock market; Overview of the investment confidence index; Implications for investors and stock market transactions.
- The Good Things About A Bad Market. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p14
Explores investment opportunities in a declining stock market. Types of declining markets; Effects of market decline to speculative capital; Benefits to prepared investors; Testing of investors during a market decline.
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;5/15/2003, p28
Focuses on investors' reluctance to invest their money into stockmarkets amid continuing volatility in Great Britain. Impact of lower interest rates on the British pound; Suggestion that the rise in share prices took place against a background of thin trading volumes.
- Savers' perception of, reaction to risk defies logic. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;07/06/98, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on the perception by investors concerning the risks involved in investing in the stock market. Risks involved in investing in the stock market; Comparison to the risks in investing in the bond market; Risks involved in buying houses.
- Bear Market May Not Be All Bad News. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 131 Issue 2691, p3
Presents basic rules on market investments that investors must follow during down trend in the stock market. Details on the risk-reward trade-offs among stocks, fixed income investments and real estate; Disadvantage of relying investments on stock analyst recommendations.
- Borrowers beware. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/22/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6275, p66
Advises investors to be cautious when investing in shares or property in Australia. Volatility of stock market; Decline in the difference between the average mortgage and the average margin loan rate; Goal of avoiding the temptation to focus on the assumed tax benefits of gearing.
- Survey on Performance of Investment Strategies in Tehran Stock Exchange. Ezazi, Mohammad S.; Ostad, Mostafa Farrokhi; Ostad, Mojtaba Farrokhi // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2011, Vol. 10, p121
Researchers around the world have extensively studied the efficiency of different investment strategies. The main reason is inability to analyze the available information and investor's lack of expertise in capital markets. One of the most common categories as the major academic studies which...