Burning With Anger
- Section 1. Energy Overview. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun99, p1
Presents statistics on energy production, energy consumption and net imports of energy in March 1999. Energy production by source; Energy consumption by source; Energy net imports by source; Cost of fuels to end users; Petroleum trade.
- Section 3. Petroleum. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun2005, p41
The article provides information on the level of petroleum consumption in the U.S. as of May 2005. The country's total petroleum imports were approximated at 13.5 million barrels per day, which is up by 4 percent compared to the May 2004 rate. The petroleum products supplied for domestic use...
- Welcome to the gas age. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;4/21/2003, p53
Reports on the trends and policies for the energy and gas industries in South Africa in 2003. Primary energy sources; Energy demand by sector; Fuel use and consumption; Performance of several energy and petroleum companies.
- Iraq's Crude Awakening. Barlett, Donald L.; Steele, James B.; Karmatz, Laura; McCarthy, Terry; Zagorin, Adam; Levinstein, Joan // Time;5/19/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 20, p49
Describes the energy crisis in Iraq as of May 19, 2003. Importance of Iraq in the global oil market; Consideration of breakdowns in the crude-oil machinery such as fractured pipelines, controls damaged by looters, and rusting equipment; How U.S. forces put a protective shield around the Oil...
- U.S. Oil Dependence Remains a Problem. Fri, Robert W. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p53
Discusses the problem posed by the continued dependence of the U.S. on oil for its energy needs. Importance of taking action to cut oil consumption in the U.S. economy; Increase in the prices of oil; Recommendations to reduce oil demand.
- Regional Energy Market Overview. // Argentina Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2008, p19
The article presents an overview on the regional energy market in Latin America for the first quarter of 2008. It states that due to the reserves and production of Venezuela and Mexico, plus the substantial offshore supply growth of Brazil, the Latin American region plays an important role in...
- Making Green the New Red, White, and Blue. Friedman, Thomas L. // New York Times Upfront;3/13/2006, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p29
Features the need for petroleum by the U.S. in 2006. Importance of this need to oil-producing states; Consumption of oil by the U.S.; Recommendations for meeting this need.
- Section 11. International Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun2002, p145
Reports on the international energy industry as of June 2002. Information on the world crude oil production in March 2002; Oil produced by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries in March 2002; Petroleum consumption and stocks for Economic Cooperation and Development countries.
- Section 4. Natural Gas. // Monthly Energy Review;May2004, p71
Presents graphs and charts about the dry natural gas production in the United States for February 2004. Decrease in the consumption of natural and supplemental gas; Decrease in the deliveries to residential consumers; Increase in the stocks of working gas in underground natural gas storage...