RESTAURANTS: GO, CONSIDER, STOP
- The strongest link. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;1/9/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
No abstract available.
- Shreveport. McGowin, Warner // Southern Living;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p34
Recommends restaurants found in Shreveport, Louisiana. Focus on Herby K's Restaurant on Pierre Avenue and Superior Grill at Pierremont; Offer of upscale steaks by Superior and comfort food and Louisiana classics by Herby K's; Other cuisine served; Interior decoration; House specialties;...
- Move over, bacon. ZAHODY, LAURA // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);1/17/2013, Issue 251, p19
The article focuses on food trends in Ottawa, Ontario as of 2013, particularly on comfort food offerings by chefs such as Marysol Foucault, owner of Chez Edgar and Odile, and RenÃ© Rodriguez, owner of the Mexican restaurant Navaraa.
- Mac 'n' Cheese for Grown-Ups. // Good Housekeeping;Oct2013, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p158
Recipes are presented for comfort foods like Chesapeake Bay Mac 'N ' Cheese, Sausage Pie Mac' N ' Cheese, and Bacon-Red Pepper Mac 'N ' Cheese.
- Selling comfort. Battaglia, Andy // Nation's Restaurant News;1/24/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p58
The article reports on the launch of comfort food by chain restaurants in the U.S. in order to satisfy the appetite of diners during tough and good economic times.
- YOU GONNA FINISH THAT? // New York;7/12/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p76
Reports on the latest menus offered by Diner 24 in New York City. Plan of Freij to serve urban comfort food 24/7; Availability of milkshares in a dozen flavors.
- best new restaurants. Lauterbach, Christiane // Atlanta;Aug2006, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p71
The article presents information on various restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia. Enoteca Carbonari, an Italian restaurant provides cured meats and artisan cheeses instead of pizza and pasta. Feast Restaurant has sunny burnt-orange exterior and dark and cozy interior. Krog Bar is Kevin Rathbun's...
- Taku, Brooklyn, N.Y. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;7/11/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 28, p50
Features the Japanese comfort food restaurant Taku, owned by Adam Shepard, in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, New York City. Best-selling items; Capacity; Food cost; Contact information.
- London's Best Affordable Food. Bremzen, Anya von // Food & Wine;Jul2009, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p38
The article features street markets located in London, England. It presents one of the oldest markets in town, the Borough Market which offers lots of fine ingredients for food preparation such as Parmesan cheese and Scottish venison sausage. It notes on some famous restaurants that provides...