Motion Picture and Video Industries
- DVD sales: They're down but not out. Garrett, Diane // Variety;5/26/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 2, p45
The article focuses on DVD sales and their financial impact on film studios. Particular focus is given to declining sales rates in the adult film industry, attributed in a consumer shift to online content. Declines in Hollywood DVD revenue is also explored. Reasons for declining sales are...
- WASHINGTON REPORT. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p44
Presents economic updates in the U.S. as of March 2003. Factors that should be considered to initiate economic growth in the U.S.; Actions taken by U.S. manufacturing firms to address the economic uncertainty within the country; Expectation of most analysts on the U.S. economy.
- The Tortoise Economy. Reich, Robert // Progressive Populist;10/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p12
This article discusses the slowdown in economic growth in the U.S. in July and August 2010.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p25
Analyzes the economic status of the United States in 2003. Steps taken by the Federal Reserve Board to achieve maximum sustainable growth; Factors affecting the country's economy; Policies made by Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan, designed to help the country recover from the...
- Economy skating on thin ice. Perna, Nicholas S. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p15
Focuses on economic conditions of the U.S. as of March 2001. Factors behind the economic recession experienced by the country; Steps needed to boost the economic growth; Employment scenario of the country.
- FOR THE MOVIE BIZ, THE PLOT THICKENS. Stanley, T. L. // Brandweek;6/16/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 24, pS030
The article discusses the state of the movie industry in 2008. Pressures faced by movie studios are described including picky consumers, alternatives available to consumers rather than going to a movie, and the rise in the cost of attending a movie. Also discussed are the increased costs of...
- Box office bonanza. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the outlook for the entertainment industry in the United States, in light of speculation concerning the recovery of the U.S. economy. Success of the motion picture industry in 2001; Outlook for the popularity of video games and television; Possibility of mergers in the entertainment...
- ISM June Index 49.8 After 49.4 in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p2
Focuses on the overall performance the U.S. economy as of July 2, 2003. Overall expansion of the economy in June for 20th straight month; Contraction of the manufacturing sector in June for fourth straight month; Increase in the ISM index from May 2003 to June 2003; Impact of the increase in...
- Co-Signs and Derivations of America's Two-Score Decline: Poor Math Skills, Poor Productivity Growth. Ferleger, Louis; Mandle, Jay R. // Challenge (05775132);May/Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p48
This article analyzes the decline in the rate of industrial productivity growth in the U.S. Issues involving the ability of the economy to compete worldwide. It also determines the quality of life of the Americans. In addition, it underlies the difficult training relations and the goods and the...