Pyridostigmine, Diethyltoluamide, Permethrin, and Stress: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Assess Safety
- Use of conformationally restricted pyridinium Î±-D-N-acetylneuraminides to probe specificity in bacterial and viral sialidases. Watson, Jacqueline N.; Knoll, Tara L.; Chen, Johnny H.; Chou, Doug T. H.; Borgford, Thor J.; Bennet, Andrew J. // Biochemistry & Cell Biology;Apr2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p115
Investigations into subtle changes in the catalytic activity of sialidases have been performed using enzymes from several different origins, and their results have been compared. This work highlights the potential pitfalls encountered when extending conclusions derived from mechanistic studies...
- PYRIDOSTIGMINE BROMIDE. // International Pharmacopoeia: Fourth Edition;2006, Vol. 2, p810
A monograph for the pharmaceutical substance "PYRIDOSTIGMINI BROMIDUM/PYRIDOSTIGMINE BROMIDE" from the fourth edition of "The International Pharmacopoeia" is presented. Pyridostigmine bromide is categorized as a cholinergic and described as a white, or almost white, crystalline powder. It is...
- Dasotraline for the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Proof-of-Concept Trial in Adults. Koblan, Kenneth S; Hopkins, Seth C; Sarma, Kaushik; Jin, Fengbin; Goldman, Robert; Kollins, Scott H; Loebel, Antony // Neuropsychopharmacology;Nov2015, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p2745
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by symptoms of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity associated with clinically significant impairment in functioning. ADHD has an early onset, but frequently persists, with a prevalence estimate...
- A retrospective clinical study of the treatment of slow-channel congenital myasthenic syndrome. Chaouch, Amina; Müller, Juliane; Guergueltcheva, Velina; Dusl, Marina; Schara, Ulrike; Rakocević-Stojanović, Vidosava; Lindberg, Christopher; Scola, Rosana; Werneck, Lineu; Colomer, Jaume; Nascimento, Andres; Vilchez, Juan; Muelas, Nuria; Argov, Zohar; Abicht, Angela; Lochmüller, Hanns // Journal of Neurology;Mar2012, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p474
Slow-channel congenital myasthenic syndrome (CMS) is a rare subtype of CMS caused by dominant 'gain of function' mutations in the acetylcholine receptor. Clinically, the cervical and forearm extensor muscles seem to be preferentially weaker; and conventional treatment with anticholinesterases...
- Prohibit Placebo Controls? Ganter, Jane // Applied Clinical Trials;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the use of placebo control in clinical trials for the treatment of life threatening disorders. Debate over the ethical issues of placebos; Application of the double standard thinking in placebos; Impact of the zero risk and tolerance demand on the debate resolution.
- Case study: The placebo effect. // Patient Care;9/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p40
Provides information on a study which examined clinical trials comparing the treatment with placebo effect. Reliability of the clinical trials; Validity of the findings.
- In Clinical Trials and In the Clinic, What Is the Placebo's Effect? Wang, Linda // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;Jan2003, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p6
Reports on issues regarding the use of placebos in clinical trials. Relevant research on the placebo effect; Importance of placebo control in prevention studies; Use of placebo outside of clinical trials.
- Lessons Learned from Attempts To Establish the Blind in Placebo-Controlled Trials of Zinc for the Common Cold. Desbiens, Norman A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/15/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p302
Editorial. Discusses the use of placebo-controlled trials in determining the effectiveness of zinc in treating common colds. Prevalent use of double-blind, placebo-controlled trials; Problems with placebo clinical trials; Ability of patients to determine the presence of placebo in the trials;...
- CNE/CME questions. // IRB Advisor;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p108
A quiz related to clinical trials and placebo is presented.