Trade minimal in muted markets
- Olefins in a spot after wide C2, C3 price gaps. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the price gaps between the ethylene and propylene markets in Asia, as of June 2003. Information on the condition of the ethylene market; Reactions from sellers and traders; Action taken by Taiwanese buyers.
- Ethylene and Propylene Markets Remain Weak. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the performance of the ethylene and propylene markets in North America. Overcapacity in the ethylene market; Contract prices for ethylene for the month of January 2002; Decision of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. to shut down its plants. INSET: Petrochemicals.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;1/28/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 4, p44
Presents briefs about the chemical industry. Drop in the U.S. ethylene contract for December 1997; Planned turnaround of propylene contracts during first quarter 1998; Price of European para-xylene for the first quarter of 1998.
- Demand Drought Stagnates European Spot Olefins Markets. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p38
The article reports on the state of the European olefins market following the return of petrochemical executives from the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association's International Petrochemical Conference. It is noted that the market was calm as buyers are taking their contract volumes in...
- US olefins to stabilize in 2006. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;1/9/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p24
This article reports that the U.S. olefins market is expected to come down from the recent highs in the first quarter of 2006 because of a slowdown in demand and a jump in supply availability. Donald Carson, analyst with Merrill Lynch, said that, with U.S. ethylene availability improving due to...
- Polypropylene Tight On Strong Demand, Feedstock Run-Up. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p1
Presents an overview of the market for propylene in the U.S. for the year 2003. Increase in demand; Factors influencing prices; Impact of the economic conditions; Financial performance of chemical companies.
- Record High Prices Temper Propylene Demand. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, p1
Propylene prices in the U.S. continue to surge due to firm demand and supply constraints around the U.S. Gulf Coast. Meanwhile, ethylene sellers are still seeking price increases, but buyers are beginning to question their own ability to pass on any further increases to their customers....
- Asian petrochemical supplies are expected to rise in 2007. Darni, Nurul; Myung, Gina // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/8/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that expansions and new-builds will add more than 1.8m tonnes/year of ethylene and 780,000 tonnes/year of propylene in Asia in 2007. Japan will shut six plants, which will result in 2.7m tonnes of ethylene going offline for 30 days. More olefins supply are expected with new...
- Tough to cut Japan C2 capacity. // Asian Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 418, p8
Deals with the possible reduction of the overall ethylene capacity of chemical producers in Japan in September 2003. Challenges and ramifications of shutting down a manufacturing plant; Factor which contributed to the need to reduce ethylene capacity in the country; Advantages of increasing the...