Uproar over Reach
- Greenpeace Discovers Hazardous Chemicals in Remote Mountain Areas. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Nov2015, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p101
The article reports on the discovery of hazardous chemicals, perfluorinated and polyfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), used in the production of outdoor gear by nongovernmental environmental organization Greenpeace International in remote mountain areas. The report "Footprints in the Snow: Hazardous...
- APPLE TOPS GREENPEACE GADGET SURVEY. HOWARTH, LORNA // Resurgence & Ecologist;Jan/Feb2015, Issue 288, p4
The article presents the report "Green Gadgets: Designing the Future" carried out by the non-governmental environmental organization Greenpeace to analyze whether hi-tech manufacturing firms are achieving their goals of eliminating hazardous chemicals, building sustainable supply chains and...
- Greenpeace funding barred. // Eastern Eye;9/11/2015, Issue 1319, p16
The article reports that India's government has cancelled a license which allows nongovernment organization (NGO) Greenpeace to receive foreign funding.
- Prediction of vulnerable zones for reactive substances. Miller, Michael K.; Wong, Kau-Fui Vincent // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1993, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the effect of the vulnerable zone determination for hazardous substances which can react with the atmosphere. Reaction of fluorine and boron trisulfide with moisture; Technical Guidance for Hazards Analysis.
- Hazardous wastes--in your home. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p69
Presents information on hazardous household products and proper methods of disposal. Classification of hazardous materials; Toxic levels; Chemical properties; Precautions and substitutions; Reasons for proper use, storage and disposal; Contact information of the Hazardous Waste Research and...
- Mixed blessing. Sinnar, Shirin // Harvard International Review;Winter95/96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p54
Examines the growing power of non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Origins of the NGOs; Factors behind the growth of its influence; Impact on weak versus strong states; Peculiar strengths which are behind their theoretical edge over governmental institutions; Potential problems of NGOs.
- A Classification and Communication Network Analysis of the United States Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Active in East-Africa. Musambira, George W. // World Communication;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p20
Examines the development of non-governmental organizations (NGO) in the U.S. and its relief strategies in three East-African countries. Ability and willingness of NGO to assist the poor countries; Use of communication analysis to distinguish NGO in terms of their development and relief...
- REALITY CHECK. // Foreign Policy;Jul/Aug2001, Issue 125, p2
Introduces a series of articles which deals with nongovernmental organizations and foreign policy.
- Industry Groups Urge U.S. Senate to Redraft TSCA Bill. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;8/27/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 22, p12
The article reports that, as of August 2012, chemical industry groups are asking the U.S. Senate to redraft "The Safe Chemicals Act" legislation reforming the 1967 "Toxic Substances Control Act" (TSCA). According to the article, some groups do not believe the reform legislation will win...