"Fertilizers aid warming"
- PHOSPHORUS FIELDS. Tenneson, Michael // Discover;Dec2009, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p55
The article presents an in-depth examination of how phosphorus (P) and nitrogen (N) fertilizers, which drive agriculture, are poisoning the Earth. Topics include an overview of gypstacks, which are a result of phosphorus mining, the environmental and ecological impacts of P and N demand, such as...
- China must reduce fertilizer use too. Peng Gong; Lu Liang; Qiang Zhang // Nature;5/19/2011, Vol. 473 Issue 7347, p284
The article offers information on the environmental damage caused by overused of nitrogen fertilizer in China.
- Sociology: Disputing climate science. Contestabile, Monica // Nature Climate Change;May2013, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p442
The article presents research by Oklahoma State University researchers indicating the association of conservative think-tanks with English-language books disputing anthropogenic global warming.
- BIOLOGISTS DIG DEEPER. Borthwick, Lindsay // Onearth;Winter2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p13
The article features the Biotron Institute for Experimental Climate Change Research in southwestern Ontario. Biochemist and plant biologist Norman Huner explains that the facility will help integrate biology into the scientific study of global warming. Also, the facility supports research...
- New fertiliser company enters the market. Donnelly, Margaret // Irish Farmers Monthly;2/1/2014, p10
The article reports on the launching of Advanced Fertilisers Ltd. in Ireland to offer the new generation fertilizer Koch Advanced Nitrogen containing Agrotain technology to stabilise nitrogen against volatilisation.
- OCEAN DEAD ZONES GROWING; MAY BE LINKED TO WARMING. Owen, James // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;5/8/2008, Issue 958, p6
The article reports on the study conducted by the Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences which examines the effect of global warming on fish and marine organisms. The study reveals that the organisms are deprived from oxygen support due to the rapid expansion of hypoxic zones and sea temperature...
- India makes its mark in the Arctic. Gad, Suman D. // Current Science (00113891);9/10/2008, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p569
The article features Himandri, an Indian research base in Arctic which is located at the west coast of Spitbergen, part of the Svalbard archipelago of Norway. It notes that Himandri will conduct a year-round research on global warming and climate change within the multidisciplinary areas of...
- Up in smoke or down the drain? // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Dec2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p455
The article discusses the report on global warming entitled "Up in Smoke: Asia and the Pacific." The report, presented jointly by the Tata Energy Research Institute (TERI), ActionAid, Greenpeace and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), stated that global warming is set to reverse decades of...
- Feigning Environmentalism: Antienvironmental Organizations, Strategic Naming, and Definitional Argument. Bricker, Brett Jacob // Western Journal of Communication;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p636
Global warming poses a significant threat to the livelihoods of future generations. Although there is a consensus of qualified climate scientists who believe that scientific evidence supports Anthropogenic Climate Change theories, this has not translated into public understanding of or trust in...