PVC profiles drive demand
- PVC makers seek increases as prices begin to move up. Tullo, Alex // Chemical Market Reporter;12/14/98, Vol. 254 Issue 24, p10
Reports on developments concerning the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins market in the United States as of December 1998. Clash between the PVC industry and environmentalists; Forecasts for the second quarter of 1999; Recovery of the industry following a price hike; Remarks of key industry...
- PVC Market in Trouble As the Economy Slows And Feedstocks Rise. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;11/27/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 22, p3
Deals with the polyvinyl chloride industry in the United States. Economic factors that affect the industry; Importance of housing to the industry; Overview of the growth rate of the industry.
- Yugoslav War Creates Chances For Industry. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/05/99, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p6
Forecasts the possible demand growth for chemicals in Yugoslavia. Information on the condition of chemical industry in the country; Details on the polyvinyl chloride demand in the country; Views from chemicals manufacturers.
- Asian PVC market plagued bv oversupplv. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/16/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p19
Reports on the effect of the oversupply of Chinese material on the Asian polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices. Impact of the glut of PVC in China; Competition from Chinese carbide-based PVC producers; Possible export destination for Chinese producers.
- Consumption Distribution Change of PVC. Zheng, John // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p23
Reports on the changes in the consumption distribution of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in China. Assessment of the total consumption of PVC in the country; Impact of the increase of crude oil price on the production of PVC; Increase of the consumption proportion of rigid PVC products.
- Status & Prospects for China's PVC Industry. An Chao // China Chemical Reporter;10/21/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 19/20, p33
The article offers information on the market condition of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) industry in China as of 2014. Topics discussed include the industries' production capacity, the expansion of the PVC production in several areas in China including Yunnan, Shanxi, and Mongolia, and the PVC product...
- Middle East Is Poised to Become A Powerhouse in Vinyls Markets. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p5
Predicts that Middle East may soon emerge as a major force in the vinyl industry. Basis for the prediction; Projected demand for vinyls worldwide from 1998 to 2004; Why vinyl consumption is closely correlated to gross domestic product growth.
- Swedish government proposes phaseout of flexible PVC. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;10/19/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the Swedish chemical industry's teaming up with the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC) to fight a Swedish government report that recommends the phaseout of most applications of plasticized polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Environmental effects; Cancer-causing agents.
- Supply concerns players. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/30/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 5, p10
The article presents information on various developments concerning the chemical industry. It is reported that the demand for polyvinyl chloride in India is expected to grow by 12-15% in 2007, following 20% demand growth witnessed in the second quarter. European spot benzene has fallen by...