MCC mulls PTA plant in China
- Two PTA plants for China. // Chemical Business;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on the building of two purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plants in Tianjin and Luoyang by China Petrochemical International's selected Japanese consortia. Construction costs of the plants; How long the construction will take.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Starts up PTA Project in Ningbo. // China Chemical Reporter;4/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the project started by Ningbo Mitsubishi Chemical at the Daxie Development Zone in China. The project is worth 600,000 t/a of purified terephthalic acid (PTA). The company was jointly established in April 2005 by China International Trust and Investment Corporation and...
- Hengyi ponders PTA in Ningbo. // Asian Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 400, p23
Reports on the delay in the construction of a p-terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in Ningbo, Zhejiang, China by the Zhejiang Hengyi Group. Factors that contribute to the delay; Details of the project; Other companies which plan to build PTA plants.
- Advansa says Portuguese PTA project is possible. Purvis, Benjamin; Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p27
The article reports on the consideration of Advansa to construct a purified terephthalic acid plant in Sines, Portugal. A memorandum of understanding has been concluded by the company with the Portuguese Investment Agency to conduct a feasibility study for the project and if approved, the...
- BP Moves Ahead With Belgian PTA Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/31/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plans of BP PLC to start the construction of a plant for purified terephthalic acid in Geel, Belgium.
- Aromatic derivatives. // CIREC Monthly News;Aug2011, Issue 249, p14
The article offers news briefs related to aromatic derivatives in Russia. Purified terephthalic acid (PTA) production and imports grew in the first half of 2011. The Russia Investment Fund will finance the construction of a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant worth 12 billion roubles in...
- Liaoyang Petrochemical Completes PTA Expansion. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the completion of the 530,000 tons per acre purified terephthalic acid (PTA) expansion project of Liaoyang Petrochemical Co. Ltd., one of the largest polyester manufacturers in Liaoyang, China. The expanded PTA capacity is intended to supply feedstock for the company. It...
- RELIANCE REVIVES P-XYLENE, PTA, PET; MAY ALTER CRACKER. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/12/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 25, p17
The article reveals the plan of Reliance Industries to build para-xylene, purified terephthalic acid and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle resins plants and change the configuration of a steam cracker. As soon as the company receives clarification on regulations surrounding economic zones,...
- INDIAN OIL TO DOUBLE PTA CAPACITY: SBR DECISION SOON. Alperowicz, Nathasha // Chemical Week;1/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p16
This article deals with the feasibility study being conducted by Indian Oil Corp. (IOC) regarding the construction of a purified terephthalate acid (PTA) plant in the state of Gujarat, India. Particular focus is given to the capacity of the PTA plant. There is a plan by ICO to look at available...