Keep on truckin'
- Channel partnership--efficiencies that help everyone. Bushnell, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;Apr95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the importance of reducing costs in the distribution channel. Movement of goods through the distribution channel; Use of various technologies in the Channel Partnership; Addressing the costs for both the manufacturing support side and the finished goods sales and distribution side of...
- Benchmarking maintenance costs. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;05/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1638, p60
Discusses the ratios and trends in an example vehicle maintenance database as a benchmark for operating distribution equipment costs. Maintenance cost; Category reports.
- Suppliers Pick Up The Pace. // Industry Week/IW;Sep2007, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p24
The article focuses on the delivery performance of suppliers to manufacturing organizations in the U.S. The ISM Supplier Deliveries Index posted 52% in July 2007, a 2.3 percentage point increase compared with the 49.7% reading in June. Those posting slower supplier deliveries include textile...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;3/2/94, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p12
Reports on developments in distribution firms affecting the chemical industry. Klockner & Co's acquisition of industrial chemicals distributor Molen Chemie BV; Airgas' acquisitions; Union Pacific railroad's expansion of intermodal tank-container subsidiary into Mexico; Eurotainer's minitanks;...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;4/27/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 16, p16
Reports on developments from the U.S. chemical distribution industry. Opening of Burlington Northern Railroad's bulk transloading center in Fort Worth, Texas on March 1994; Building of Allwaste Container Services' tank cleaning depot in Mexico City, Mexico; Closing of Hoechst Celanese's...
- Time to take your opportunities. BAKER, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 19, Special Page p3
The article offers information on the opportunities in the chemical distribution industry across the world despite economic and regulatory pressures.
- European Distribution. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/23/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 14, p5
The article looks at the status of the chemical distribution market across Europe as of May 2011.
- SELLING WITH PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION SERVICE. Stephenson, P. Ronald; Willett, Ronald P. // Business Horizons;Dec68, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p75
The idea of physical distribution management is mysterious to many executives; actually, the concept is not complicated. It is the reduction of costs of procurement, storage, distribution, and the like while maintaining or increasing revenue. Two critical variables are involved: service given...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p17
Presents an update of issues related to logistics and distribution in the chemical industry of Europe as of April 28, 2003. Agreement between Unichem and Shipley Co.; Expansion of the distribution agreement between Ashland Distribution and Multibase; Award given to Badische Anilin und...