The NACD spreads the word
- Oiltanking Nanjing opens railcar loading, unloading facility. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;3/5/2013, p2
The article reports on the opening of the state-of-the-art railcar loading and unloading facility of Nanjing Co. Ltd in January 2013 in its terminal in the Nanjing Chemical Industry Park, Jiangsu province, China, which features two spurs and has a capacity to handle up to 34 rail cars in parallel.
- DOT delays hazmat rules. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Jul2004, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to extend the deadline for the submission of the new incident reporting requirements. Implementation of the rule clarifying the applicability of the hazardous material regulations to loading, unloading and storage operations;...
- Task before the promotional bodies for chemical industries. Venkataraman, N. S. // Chemical Business;Jan2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
The author highlights some activities that he says require more attention from chemical industry associations in India. He notes that the industry needs to have a database that offers reliable information and proven statistics. He suggests associations to create a system for accreditation of...
- Truck size/weight thaw would cripple railroads. Wilner, Frank N. // Railway Age;Feb99, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on a United States (US) Department of Transportation (DOT) study which warns about the effect of any relaxation of truck length-weight restrictions to rail carriers. Figures from the DOT study; Role of economists at the US Federal Railroad Administration in ensuring the accuracy of the...
- Facilities for transporting superlarge glass sheets in railroad cars. Efremenkov, V. V.; Subbotin, K. Yu.; Nagibin, G. S.; Zhurin, P. V.; Khokhlov, V. L. // Glass & Ceramics;May2010, Vol. 67 Issue 5/6, p129
Questions concerning the preservation of superlarge sheets of glass with dimension 6 Ã— 3 m during shipment in rail cars are examined. The constructions of an A-shaped shipment pyramid and a sealing cover, consisting of a removable cap and two stationary end and two removable side platforms...
- SYSTEM SPECJALNY DO TRANSPORTU POJAZDÃ“W CIÄ˜Å»KICH. BARNAT, Wiesław; KRASOŃ, Wiesław; ORŁOWSKI, Krzysztof // Journal of Science of the Gen. Tadeusz Kosiuszko Military Academ;sty-mar2014, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p123
In recent years combined systems based on vertical or horizontal handling have been implemented into European intermodal railway transport. In vertical and horizontal systems, loading and unloading require special terminals with additional equipment. Vehicles, using their own engines, are driven...
- Moving empty freight cars. Sperandeo, Andy // Model Railroader;Nov2015, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p90
The article offers the author's insights on ways to handle empty freight cars which include the distribution of empty cars, giving of preference to loads, and using of loading equipment. Topics discussed include the railroad cars management, the development of model railroads, and upgrading the...
- Lorry wagon. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2009, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p23
This article offers information on the 602S wagon from Tabor Szynowy Opole. The wagon, which can carry lorries, trailers or containers, have opening ends to enable the loading and unloading of lorries using a mobile ramp. There are short semi-permanent couplers in the intermediate cars.
- Linear motors on Line 6. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2010, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the 1.7 billion Chinese yuan worth of order received by CSR Sifang to supply 196 linear-motored metro cars for Guangzhou Line 6.