Petrobas allays Comperj doubts
- Braskem launches new petrochemical plant in Brazil. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2008, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p56
The article reports on a new polypropylene plant launched by Braskem in Paulinia in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The company will not become the third-largest resin manufacturers in Americas. A partnership was formed by Braskem and Petrobas in November 2007 in which Braskem holds 100% of the factory and...
- ...and Petrobras confirms gas-based complex. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p26
Reports that Petrobras has confirmed that Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil was selected for a petrochemicals complex based on natural gas.
- Petrobras Contemplates Petrochemicals Reentry. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p20
Reports that Brazilian state oil company Petrobras will propose a revamped business plan that local executives expect will include a reentry into petrochemicals. Remarks from local observers regarding the move; Executives' expectation on Petrobras' petrochemical division, Petroquisa.
- Petrobras revives plans for Rio petrochemical complex. Salles, Flavio; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Brazilian state-owned oil company Petrobras' revival of plans for the fourth petrochemical complex in Brazil. Scheduled completion of feasibility studies for a major project near Rio de Janeiro; Required investment for the complex; Brazilian government's planned privatization of the...
- Petrobras picks up on Bolivia talks. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;1/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on the plan of Petrobras to resume negotiations with Bolivia concerning the construction of a Brazil-Bolivia petrochemicals complex. Political unrest has contributed to the suspension of negotiations for the project. It is expected to have a capacity of 650,000-750,000...
- Braskem and Petrobras return to PP plant plans. // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p30
Reports on the plans of Braskem and Petrobras to build a polypropylene plant in Paulinia, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Capacity of the plant; Background on the joint venture between the companies; Terms of the partnership.
- IPQ boosts PP production. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2149, p17
Reports on the plan of Ipiranga PetroquÃmica (IPQ) to increase its polyethylene and polypropylene (PP) capacities at the Triunfo chemicals complex in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil as of May 30, 2005. Schedule of the operation of the capacity increases; Feedstock agreement of IPQ with Petrobras...
- Petrobras in Itaborai build. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p28
The article reports on the plan of Petrobras to build a basic petrochemicals plant in Itaborai, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Petrobras picked Itaborai because of its proximity to the company's operations in Rio de Janeiro and to port facilities. Petrobras said the refinery will be a base to produce...
- Japan cos eye Saudi MEG, lldPE. // Asian Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 417, p29
Reports that SPDC is considering building monoethylene glycol and linear low density polyethylene plants at Sharq's site in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Information on SPDC; Information on cracker operators in Al-Jubail.