Dow holds back in Brazil
- Dow expects flat South America ethylene capacity. BROWN, TOM // ICIS Chemical Business;6/10/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 20, p14
The article highlights the statements of Jorge de Zavaleta of chemical company Dow Latin America at the Latin American and Caribbean Petrochemicals conference held in Paris, France on May 29, 2013. He mentions that the ethylene production capacity of Dow Chemical Co. in South America in 2017 is...
- Dow to Invest in water technology in Saudi Arabia. // Chemical Business;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p73
The article reports on the announcement of the plan of the Dow Chemical Co. to invest in a best-in-class manufacturing facility for Dow FilmTec reverse osmosis (RO) elements in Saudi Arabia in 2011.
- Dow to Double Membrane Capacity at Minneapolis Site. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p13
Highlights the capital investment plans of Dow Chemical company to double the capacity for water filtration membranes at its Minneapolis, Minnesota plant. Information on the water filtration membranes; Comments from James Fitterling, global business director for Dow's liquid separations unit;...
- Dow expands Brazil polyols. // Chemical Week;6/11/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the expansion of Dow Chemical company's polyols plant at Guaruja, Brazil. Capacity of the plant; Other expansion projects of the company.
- Dow to Invest $10M On Chloromethanes. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/14/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 7, p6
Details the capital investment of Dow Chemical Co. on its chloromethane operations.
- Dow to add capacity in Brazil. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/27/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 33, p12
Focuses on Dow Chemical company's plan to increase polystyrene (PS) capacity at its Brazilian affiliate, Estireno do Nordeste (EDN) in Guaruja in 1999. Capacity of the plant.
- Dow details PS expansion plans. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;10/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 40, p12
Details the polystyrene (PS) investment of Dow Chemicals company at Guaruja, Brazil by its affiliate, Estireno do Nordeste (EDN) company. Impact of the installation of the improved PS technology; Capability of the improved PS technology for production; Percent interest acquired by Dow from EDN...
- Profitability peak. Chang, Joseph; O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;3/28/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2140, p18
Focuses on the financial performance of the petroleum chemicals industry in North America from 2005 to 2007. Forecast on the peak profitability of the industry in 2006; Effect of capital expenditure depreciation on the industry; Factors that affect the performance of the North American ethylene...
- Investors seek clear signal from officials. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/24/1998 Supplemen, Vol. 160 Issue 24, pS7
Reports that Mexico's vast supply of inexpensive raw materials, geographic location and trade links with the rest of North America once put the country on many companies' shortlists for future petrochemical investments. Information on the legislation passed in Mexico in 1997; Amount of products...