Wood chems jv unites R&H to Rockwood
- Rockwood to offload Novasep. Jagger, Anna; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p16
The article reports on the plan of Rockwood Holdings to sell or list its fine chemicals and pharmaceutical services company Groupe Novasep. Seifi Ghasemi, Rockwood's chairman and CEO, said that the firm has hired bankers to look at alternatives for the business. Rockwood also announced a...
- R&H, Rockwood form wood venture. Crow, Patrick; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/16/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on a joint venture being established by Rohm and Haas and a Rockwood Holdings subsidiary Chemical Specialties Inc. (CSI) to provide advanced wood treatment technologies and services to the wood treatment industry. The businesses of the companies to be merged are cited. CSI...
- R&H, Omnova Finalize Paper Chemicals JV. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 19, p15
Reports the formation of a joint venture by Rohm and Haas and Omnova solutions to market and provide technical service for latex binders, synthetic pigments and specialty chemical additives for applications in paper and paperboard coatings. Terms of the venture; Share garnered by RhomNova from...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;10/23/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 42, p23
Presents updates on several construction projects in the chemical industry, as of October 23, 2002. Plant expansion plans of Rohm and Haas; Information on plans to double the capacity of Sumitomo Seika Singapore superabsorbents plant; Engineering and construction contract awarded to Lurgi for a...
- R&H Forms Gene-Switch JV. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p39
Reports on the formation of RHeoGene by Rohm and Haas and cancer therapeutics company Argonex to develop gene therapy control technology. Role of each company; Basis of the development of gene-switching.
- Dow and Kuwait Rework K-Dow Deal. COONS, REBECCA; WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p7
The article reports on a binding agreement signed by Dow Chemical with Kuwait's Petrochemical Industries Co. to form a 50-50 joint venture, K-Dow Petrochemicals. The agreement, which was announced in December 2007, remains on track to close by the end of 2008. The creation of K-Dow sets the...
- Rohm and Haas Forms New Unit. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p45
Provides information on a business unit formed by Rohm and Haas for consumer and production specialties, out of its biocides, formulation and chemicals operations. Products to be manufactured by the unit.
- Staying away from mud fights. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 394, p8
Reports on the changes to the businesses of Rohm and Haas as of March 2003. Investment in technology; Transactions completed by the company; Comment from the company's chairman and chief executive officer, Raj Gupta on the strategy of the company to strengthen its position in the chemical industry.
- R&H Further Details Restructuring Plan. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p12
Provides information on the restructuring plans of Rohm and Haas. Percentage of the company's employees to be terminated; Comments from Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of the company.