'Cartel' firms raided by Japan fair trade officers
- Major challenges ahead for Mitsui/Sumitomo. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/23/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 384, p9
Reports on the challenges facing the merger between Mitsui Chemicals and Sumitomo Chemical despite the approval by Japan's Fair Trade Commission on December 17, 2002. Issue of Mitsui's pension liabilities; Description of the companies' different corporate cultures; Combined polyethylene...
- Japan Okays Mitsui-ldemitsu JV. // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Japan's Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has given conditional approval to the proposed polyolefins merger between Mitsui Chemicals and Idemitsu Petrochemical. Condition laid by the FTC on the merger.
- WRAP UP. // Chemical Week;1/10/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p18
Provides updates on the chemical industry in Asia as of January 10, 2001. Plan of the Fair Trade Commission of Japan to file a criminal complaint against a group of polypropylene makers for price fixing; Plan of Mitsui Chemicals to build a bisphenol-A plant in Singapore.
- FTC Gives Conditional Approval to Sumitomo-Mitsui Merger. // Chemical Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the approval of the proposed merger between Sumitomo Chemical and Mitsui Chemicals by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission in 2003. Condition of the Commission before giving its approval; Target completion date for the merger.
- Japan FTC sends out notice over cartel. Yokomura, Tomomi // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p7
This article states that Mitsui Chemicals has received a letter of notice from the Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) demanding it pay a surcharge in relation to the price cartel for quake-resistant polyethylene (PE) pipes it was suspected of making. The company did not disclose the content of...
- Pair must pay out after cartel ruling. Yokomura, Tomomi // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p56
The article reports on the surcharge payment enforced by Japan Fair Trade Commission for two chemical producers after forming a polypropylene price cartel in Japan. According to the report, the said producers are Japan Polypropylene Corp. which was required to pay Yen(Y)220.9 million and Chisso...
- Sumitomo Moves Forward With JV Projects Despite Profit Drops. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 24, p12
Reports on a joint venture polyolefins company to be formed by Sumitomo Chemical Company and Mitsui Chemicals Inc. Recommendations received by the companies from the Japan Fair Trade Commission; Financial performance of the companies in 2001; Details on the operations of the combined company.
- Dow and Mitsui form R&D joint venture. // Plastics News;8/23/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p3
Reports on Dow Chemical Co. and Tokyo, Japan-based Mitsui Chemicals Inc.'s launch of a joint research-and-development program to devise metallocene catalysts for polyethylene and polypropylene production.
- FTC Raids Polypropylene Producers Suspected of Price Fixing. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/7/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p25
Deals with the investigation made by Japan's Fair Trade Commission (FTC) into the country's seven polypropylene (PP) producers for allegedly operating a cartel. Offices raided by FTC officials; Details on the PP capacities of the companies under investigation; Price hikes of the companies;...