EU TO REVAMP EMISSIONS TRADING POST-2013
- AN ENERGETIC OUTLOOK OF THE ITALIAN FOOD AND DRINK INDUSTRY. LATINI, Arianna; VIOLA, Corinna; SCOCCIANTI, Matteo; CAMPIOTTI, Carlo Alberto // Quality - Access to Success;Mar2014, Vol. 15 Issue 139, p333
The European Commission reported that the food supply chain is responsible for 20 to 30 percent of the environmental impacts resulting from climate change and ozone pollution. This is mainly due to the large use and consumption of fossil energy to produce and process agri-food products, meat and...
- EU ETS freeze proposed for foreign flights. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Nov2012, Issue 454, p39
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) is proposing exemption of foreign flights to and from Europe from compliance to the European Union emissions trading system (EU ETS). The proposal is said to be just until autumn 2013 when the United Nations (UN) reach a global carbon...
- Intouch : ETS Submission guidelines. // New Zealand Management;Feb2009, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p7
The article announces that the deadline for the submissions on the review of the emissions trading scheme is on February 13, 2009. The issues that must be addressed in all submissions include determining the central and benchmark projections which are being used as the motivation for...
- Technology is key to climate change, says Commission-backed IPCC report. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/14/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 19, p12
The article highlights findings of a report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which stresses the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The report was supported by European Commission, since the study confirms its analysis that global emissions must start to decline...
- Choosing environmental policy instruments: An assessment of the 'environmental dimension' of EU energy policy. Schmitt, Sophie; Schulze, Kai // European Integration Online Papers;2011, Vol. 15, p1
Although they have formerly constituted distinct traditions in the European integration process, EU regulatory activities in environmental and energy policy have now become highly interwoven. Environmental concerns increasingly influence the formulation of the EU's energy policy, especially...
- A SUMMARY OF CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACT ASSESSMENTS FROM THE U.S. COUNTRY STUDIES PROGRAM. Smith, Joel B.; Lazo, Jeffrey K. // Climatic Change;Jul2001, Vol. 50 Issue 1/2, p1
Examines the results of climate change impact assessments conducted under the United States Country Studies Program (USCSP). Methods in conducting USCSP impact assessments; Details on climate change scenarios; Classification of the sectors that were affected by climatic changes; Results of...
- Sector joins call for adaptation switch. Wilding, Mark // Planning (14672073);4/2/2010, Issue 1862, p5
The article reports that the Commons environmental audit committee is urging city planners to do more to prepare for the impacts of climatic change in Great Britain.
- Regulators ignore climate change for California dams. Ross, Kate // World Rivers Review;Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p13
The article offers information on the threat of disturbance in the balance between heavy snow in the winter and steady runoff in the spring by changing climate in California.
- ANNEX II: GLOSSARY OF KEY TERMS. Dinshaw, Ayesha; Fisher, Susannah; McGray, Heather; Rai, Neha; Schaar, Johan // OECD Environment Working Papers;12/2/2014, Issue 74, p39
A glossary of terms related to monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation is presented.