Borealis on solid track
- Borealis on solid track. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;11/20/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p16
The article reports on the financial performance of polyolefins producer Borealis as of 2006, according to CEO John Taylor. The percentage increase in sales volumes is cited. The company also benefited from increased polymer pricing. Taylor forecasts the increased plastics demand in 2007....
- Borealis revels in Q1 operating profits. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the financial performance of Borealis AG in the first quarter of 2007. The polyolefins producer posted an increase in its operating profit compared to the same period in 2006. It attributed the growth to strong market conditions, especially in the infrastructure sector....
- Borealis flexes its business arm at K 2004. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/25/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2121, p6
Reports on the financial performance of polyolefin manufacturer Borealis for the first half of 2004. Corporate profit; Percentage gearing reduction; Remarks from John Taylor, CEO of the company.
- Borealis rigs for storm. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p4
The article reports that polyolefins specialist Borealis has set new records for its financial performance in 2006. Turnover in 2006 grew by 19 percent to â‚¬5.74 billion, with volumes up by seven percent, while operating profit increased to â‚¬353 million, from â‚¬236 million a year...
- Borealis Posts a Strong Rise in Operating Profits. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/23/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p6
Reports that European polyolefin producer Borealis AS posted a strong increase in operating profits in the first half of 2004. Company's projection that it will meet its profitability targets for the year; Sales in the second quarter; Company's plan to increase its polyolefins capacity by 2006.
- Borealis Posts Solid 2008 Results; Big Projects Advance. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/16/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the financial performance of Borealis in the fourth quarter of 2008. The company posted a total net loss of â‚¬122 million during the year. It also reported a 16% sales decline at â‚¬1.35 billion. According to Borealis Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Daniel J. Shook,...
- Borealis: US ethane still attractive, eyeing fertilizer growth. // Chemical Week;3/16/2015, p16
The article reports on the plan of the polyolefins producer Borealis AG to invest in fertilizers in the U.S. driven by the strong financial performance. It states that the company imports ethane from the U.S. as part of the feedstock requirements for economic pricing. It also notes that the...
- Borealis Outlines Polyolefins Strategy. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p4
Reports that Borealis AS faces a challenge of trying to strengthen its competitive position in the polyolefins markets, in which it is a leading supplier, according to the company's chairman, Gerhard Roiss.
- Polyolefins, PVC yet to be hit by Asia woes. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;02/23/98, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the European polymer market has avoided downward pressure on prices as a result of the Asian economic crisis according to polyolefins producer Borealis. Rise in Borealis' operating profit in the fourth quarter of 1997; Average prices for polyolefins; Borealis' involvement in...