K+S ups forecast on strong Q3
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p8
The article offers news briefs on the European chemical industry. For the first half of June 2006, BorsodChem Co. posted an operating profit of Forint 12.6 billion (â‚¬ 46m/$59 million), up 30% from the same period in the previous year. Second quarter operating profits from Kali und Salz...
- SCPA strikes double deal with K+S. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/18/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2120, p9
Reports on the decision of SociÃ©tÃ© Commerciale des Potasses et de l'Azote, a French state-owned fertiliser producer, to sell its domestic fertiliser production and marketing business and its potash granulation business to Kali und Salz (K+S) of Germany. Effect of the deal on the customer...
- News Watch. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;5/16/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2147, p10
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of May 2005. Financial performance of Celanese Corp. in the first quarter of the year; Increase in the first quarter earnings posted by Kali und Salz; Sales of active ingredients that Bayer CropScience anticipates to reach.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 42, p18
Present updates that are related to the chemical industry as of November 14, 2001. Joint venture between Kali Und Salz and Solvay; Acquisition of Asta Medica Onkologie by Baxter International; Rise in the third quarter sales of Siegfried for fiscal year 2001.
- PCS is stopped in its attempt at potash buy. Johnson, Dexter // Chemical Market Reporter;07/28/97, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the failure of Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (PCS) to purchase a majority share in the German potash producer Kali und Salz GmbH. Reason for denying majority purchase in firm by German minister for economic affairs Gunter Rexordt; Reaction of PCS to decision; Market conditions of...
- Kali und Salz and Solvay Plan To Unite Their Salt Businesses. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/30/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 18, p8
Reports that Kali und Salz GmbH and Solvay SA have provisionally agreed to combine their salt businesses in a joint venture. Expected market share of the merged operations; Market leader in the European salt industry; Other acquisition of Kali und Salz in summer 2000.
- SALT. Morrison, Scott // Chemical Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 3/4, p20
Focuses on the approval granted by the European Commission on the formation of a previously announced joint venture between salt producing companies Kali und Salz and Solvay. Terms of the venture agreement; Combined manufacturing capacity of the venture; Areas across Europe where the venture...
- EUROPE. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of May 2006. BASF was considering how to proceed with its attempt to take over Engelhard, after the U.S. catalyst manufacturer rejected a higher offer and announced a self-tender of its own share. Laszlo Kovacs, chief executive...
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe. The German fertilizer and salts group Kali und Salz GmbH had concluded the acquisition of Chilean salts producer Sociedad Punta de Lobos Co. Cytec Industries Inc. will permanently close its polymer additive light stabilizer...