TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- KEEPING UP WITH Additives. // Plastics Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p27
Provides information on several polymer processing additives from different companies in the U.S. Description of masterbatches developed by Clariant Masterbatches; Functions of FX 9614 X and FX 5922 X fluoropolymer-based processing-aid concentrates offered by Dyneon; Features of lead-free,...
- CPVC Enters Rapid Development Stage. Zhang Jiajie // China Chemical Reporter;2/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4/5, p19
The article reports on developments concerning the chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) industry in China as of February 2006. It comments on the total CPVC production and the major producers in China. The complete application system in advanced countries are discussed. The article also...
- PVC optimism high. // Asian Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 423, p26
Assesses the market for various types of polymers as of November 10, 2003. Polyvinyl chloride; High density polyethylene; Linear low density polyethylene; Polystyrene.
- ICIS CONFERENCES. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/23/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p37
The article presents a calendar of events related to the chemical industry from November 2006 to April 2007. The 6th World Global Polyvinyl Chloride Conference will take place on November 13 and 14, 2006 at the Grand Hotel in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The 2nd U.S. Chemical Industry Senior...
- Clariant increases Licocene polymers capacity by 50%. // Chemical Business;Jul2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p71
The article reports that Clariant, a specialty chemicals company, increases by 50 percent the production capacity for its Licocene performance polymers at its plant in Frankfurt-Hochst Industrial Park in Germany.
- Sellers look to cover Q2 hikes. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p42
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of April 3, 2006. European polyolefin producers struggled to increase prices through March 2006, with demand generally sluggish and material mostly in good supply. March 2006 saw European PVC producers continue their attempts...
- Supply is central to talks. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/29/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p28
The article offers news briefs related to the petroleum chemical industry. Crude prices rose by more than a dollar recently, taking Brent crude on London, England's ICE Futures above $86.00/bbl for the first time. U.S. chlorine output has dropped in September and may continue to fall for several...
- PRII revives PVC project in Bataan. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 434, p21
Reports on the plan of the Philippines Resins Industries Inc. to revive a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plant in Bataan, Philippines in February 2004. Capacity of the plant; Reason for the delay in the redevelopment of the plant; Source of vinyl chloride monomer feedstock for the PVC plant.
- Debate over PVC suitability unfolds. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p28
Provides information on the findings of a European Commission report on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) lifecycle assessment. Reaction of the European PVC industry to the report; Complexity of the findings; Highlights of the report.