Minding the Store: Are Entrepreneurial Retailers More Successful?
- Cheap tricks. Napoletano, Erika // Entrepreneur;Feb2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p28
The author offers opinions on entrepreneurship and management of new business enterprises. It is stated that many new business owners mistakenly choose the least expensive alternative for a needed product or service which results in serious and more costly problems. This is attributed to taking...
- Ad Grad's Hard Launch Lesson. Heine, Christopher // Adweek;9/17/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 32, p18
The article discusses the business failure of a new business enterprise which created application software for location marketing as an example of the high failure rate of new businesses in high technology industries.
- A COMPARISON OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP/SMALL BUSINESS AND FINANCE PROFESSORS' REACTION TO SELECTED ENTREPRENEURIAL AND SMALL BUSINESS FINANCIAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT ISSUES. Dunn, Paul; Liang, Kathleen // Journal of Entrepreneurship Education;2011, Vol. 14, p93
Small business failures have been attributed to management failures, particularly financial management failures. Since entrepreneurship and small business is a growing discipline, and financial management is so important to them, we wondered if entrepreneurship and small business and finance...
- Running your own business: Totally changing your perspective could make the difference. // New Hampshire Business Review;06/02/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p12
Explains why small businesses fail in the first few years of operations. Failure to understand the difference between an entrepreneur and a technician; Need to totally take on an entrepreneur's perspectives to succeed in business.
- Major Universities Partner to Support Vets with Disabilities. // O&P Business News;4/1/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p66
The article reports on the planned consolidation between the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University (SU), University of California and Los Angeles Anderson School of Management to offer training in entrepreneurship and small business management to veterans with disabilities in the...
- David vs. Goliath. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune;12/6/2010, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p69
The article examines entrepreneurs whose small start-up ventures are able to compete with large companies. Music company Kayos Produtions founder Carol Kaye, SEE Eyewear founder Richard Golden, and Bill and Erik Young, who own two Ace Hardware stores, share tips for success in their respective...
- HOW TO BE A "BOOMERPRENEUR". ROSATO, DONNA; Asher-Ejiofor, Zain // Money;May2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p92
The article discusses strategies for baby boomer entrepreneurs launching new business enterprises. Small business experts Stephanie Ringer, Mary Beth Izard, and Mary Alpers offer advice on subjects including having a drive and passion for one's product or service, aiming for quick profits in a...
- Rebecca's Boutique: Starting Her Own Business. Cater III, John James // Journal of Business Cases & Applications;2009, Vol. 3, Special section p6
This real world case concerns entrepreneurship and small business management, specifically starting a new business. Secondary issues examined include career choice and crisis management. All names have been disguised.
- CLUSTER ANALYSIS OF EXPRESSION OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP CHARACTERISTICS IN THE EU INNOVATIVE PROJECTS FOR SME's AND KTU REGIONAL SCIENCE PARK. Greblikaitė, Jolita; Daugėlienė, Rasa // European Integration Studies;2009, Issue 3, p184
The actuality of entrepreneurship induces important and profound research in this area. The questions of entrepreneurship expression are valuable for business practice defining the expressed characteristics of entrepreneurship. The empirical research presented in the article is based on...