PROPOSING DEMOCRACY ANEW--PART ONE
- Democracy in the Workplace. MAINELLI, VINCENT P. // America;1/15/1977, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p28
The author asserts that in the workplace, democracy offers a more promising choice compared to capitalism and state socialism. The Catholic church groups, according to the author, could lead in making democratic participation be practiced more effectively. He adds that Church organizations can...
- The transformation of Catholicism. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p142
Reviews Pierre Manent's article `Christianity and Democracy,' about the change in the relationship between the Catholic Church's and democracy, which appeared in the January and February 1995 issue of the `Crisis' journal.
- Pelosi to meet archbishop for talks on communion and abortion rights. Kucinich, Jackie; Swanson, Ian // Hill;9/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 101, p1
The article reports on the acceptance of Speaker Nancy Pelosi of the invitation from archbishop George H. Niederauer of San Francisco, California on the issue on whether Pelosi should continue to receive communion at the catholic Church after comments she made about abortion.
- Catholics in Vietnam Defy Government. // America;9/27/2010, Vol. 203 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the refusal of the Catholics in three northwestern provinces in Vietnam on a local government ban which prevent people on exercising religious activities, such as prayer gathering and religious meetings, in which they urge the government to recognize their religious...
- Catholicism and the Renewal of American Democracy (Book). Curley, Augustine J. // Library Journal;3/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p74
Reviews the non-fiction book "Catholicism and the Renewal of American Democracy," by George Weigel.
- No earthquake from overture to Anglicans. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;8/19/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p13
The article analyzes the importance of ordinariate to Anglicans in London, England which is believed to enhance the engagement of the Catholic church with the state and with civil society.
- When Uncle Sam fails, Catholic relief services turns to donors. // Church & State;Sep96, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p21
No abstract available.
- Signs of the Times. // America;9/30/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the bishops' opposition against the United States government's plan to attack Iraq. Reason behind the opposition; Catholic Church officials leading the appeal to the White House to stop the plan.
- The church-state situation in Poland after the collapse of communism. Daniel, Krystyna // Brigham Young University Law Review;1995, Vol. 1995 Issue 2, p401
Describes the changed situation of the Catholic Church in Poland after the June 1989 transitional period and will also explore underlying explanations of the changes. Reinforcement of its legal position; Decrease in its prestige in Polish society; Church-state relations.