INSTITUTIONAL "FAITH ALONE"
- Linda Chavez. Chavez, Linda // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/18/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p24
Comments on presidential candidate Al Gore's vision of a middle class welfare state in the United States. Prescription drug benefits for the elderly; Programs to train women for high technology jobs; Strength of the American middle class.
- Al Gore's Tender Ministrations. Ehrenreich, Barbara // Progressive;Nov2000, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p15
Presents information on the proposed welfare reform program of United States Vice President and Democratic Presidential candidate Al Gore. Information on the welfare state concept; Impact of welfare reform on the infant mortality rate; Details on the findings gathered by the Economic Policy...
- Untitled. // National Review;9/2/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p88
A fictitious letter from U.S. Vice President Al Gore is presented. It presents a satire on the position of President Bill Clinton on welfare reform which caught the attention of the media. It also describes the pretensions of several Democratic officials on significant political and social...
- MATH Spotlight on...Vice President Al Gore. // Scholastic Math;02/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Presents an algebra problem on the stature of United States Vice President Al Gore.
- The Americas: A community of democratic nations. Gore, Albert // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;10/3/94, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p650
Presents a speech made by US Vice President Al Gore to the Inter-American Development Bank, in Washington, D.C., on September 16, 1994. Celebration of Mexican Independence Day; Restoration of democracy in Haiti; The advance of democracy in the Americas; Solutions to `reinvent government';...
- Al Gore on healing our relationship with the earth. // EPA Journal;Apr-Jun93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
Presents Al Gore's remark pertaining to environmental protection and restoration. Radical changes in the ecological system; Factors leading to ecological changes; Role of individuals on environmental protection.
- Three more recipients of Vice President Gore's Hammer Award. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec1996, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p28
Presents additional recipients of Vice President Al Gore's Hammer Award from the federal team of 49 government employees who worked to ensure food safety at the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association; U.S. Food and Drug Association's State...
- Information superhighway. Gore, Al // Technology Teacher;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p3
Presents an adaptation of US Vice president Al Gore's speech to the International Telecommunications Union in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Request for support in creating a Global Information Infrastructure (GII); Benefits of information networks; Impact on global economy.
- Board contends Gore's role politicized NAEP release. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;03/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p12
Reports on speculations about United States Vice President Al Gore's motive when he announced the 1998 National Assessment of Educational Progress reading exam. Complains of the National Assessment Governing Board; Release of the 1998 reading results on the World Wide Web.