- Wanna be a baller? S. F. // Sporting News;10/13/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 41, p7
This article provides a review of basketball video games, including "NBA Live 07" and "NBA 2K7." The article reviews the control systems, graphics, and playing ability of each game.
- Everyone and Their Mother's a Gamer. Harz, Elizabeth // Brandweek;7/12/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p18
The author discusses the aspects of the evolution of gaming. She mentions that gaming used to be relegated to a niche audience of men under 25 who played for hours in their bedrooms. The console games introduced are reportedly more complex and are totally immersive experiences. The author also...
- Nick adds Gas to sports deals. Dempsey, John // Variety;05/24/99, Vol. 375 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the deals signed by Nickelodeon with the National Basketball Association, Major League Baseball and Major League Soccer to obtain sports programming for the cable television network and its Nickelodeon Gas unit. Terms of the agreements.
- Hitting the Goal. MCPHERSON, DOUG // Response;Jan2016, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the strategies of marketing professionals by enhancing their spectator sports advertising campaigns to drive profitable ticket and merchandise sales. It cites the invigorated ticket sales for Major League Soccer (MLS) in the U.S. that passed the selling average for the...
- It's no longer just a video game; it's a user experience. Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;9/7/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 29, p6
The article focuses on the video games industry. Technological innovations that allow popular games to be available through a wide variety of platforms such as cellular telephones, or application software which allows consumers to upgrade games have made the industry market itself more as a...
- Soccer kicks back. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/29/96, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p40
Reports on the launching of the Major League Soccer circuit. Comments of executive vice president, Randy Bernstein; Number of games to be carried on ESPN and ESPN2.
- Bandi introduces MLS Figures. // Playthings;June97, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p70
Introduces the figures and collectibles, and a replica of a player of each of the ten inaugural Major League Soccer teams. What were the action figures sculpted by; Views on the posing figure change; Inclusion of the collectibles.
- Soccer league woos marketers. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;7/4/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 28, p36
Reports on marketers' reluctance to support the concept of a new United States soccer league. Firms which rejected ownership stakes and sponsorships in Major League Soccer; What advertisers want; Alan Rothenberg as MLS commissioner; Other concerns of potential league sponsors.
- STORIES TO WATCH THIS WEEK. // Crain's New York Business;12/3/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p0002
The article offers information on various events in New York City from December 3 to 6, 2012 including the hearing of the city council on parking glut in Brooklyn, presentation of the stadium plans of the Major League Soccer, and the revival of Clifford Odets' Golden Boy on Broadway.