- GOLITE INTRODUCES TRAIL RUNNING FOOTWEAR. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p8
The article looks at how GoLite has unveiled a trail running footwear line for Spring 2007. The new collection targets specialty outdoor and running shops. GoLite Footwear is being managed out of Timberland's headquarters in Stratham, New Hampshire. The new footwear boasts a "Soft Against the...
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- MODERN VINTAGE. Ernst, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;8/27/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 33, p31
The article reports that Jesse Leyva, global design director for Nike's SportCulture division, was one of the designers responsible for the 2007 summer's Vintage Running release. Leyva remastered and reformatted iconic styles from 1972 to 1977, such as the LD-1000, the Daybreak, the Oregon...
- It's Gotta Be The Shoes. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips to use when choosing exercise shoes for running, walking, aerobics, and dancing. Tips include shopping at an independent running retailer, purchasing a shoe that is cushioned-neutral, and buying the correct shoe for a particular activity. It is noted that cross-training...
- Small Pleasures. Leand, Judy // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p30
Presents several athletic footwear for children released in the U.S. as of April 2004. Trail shoe from New Balance; Mud Runner Zip II from Reebok; Nike Shox Monster running shoe for girls.
- Flash and Dash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on several footwear models for 2005. Hyper Rocketgirl II from Asics; Complete TF LD from Puma; Cosmos MD from Adidas; JW Foster Distance from Reebok; Monsterfly from Nike.
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- Running on clouds. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses trends in footwear technology and features the CloudTec foot technology developed by Swiss footwear firm On that absorbs horizontal and vertical forces on the foot while running. The sole of the shoes includes hollow circular rubber elements that aim to train neglected...
- NEW BALANCE. Avant, Mary // Footwear Plus;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article features New Balance, a U.S. footwear manufacturer that has been recognized for its product excellence at the13th Annual Plus Awards ceremony in 2012. The company attributes its 2-billion U.S. dollar sales in 2012 to the success of its running division, which grew more than 10...