- LICENSED TO THRILL. Conrad, Kyle // SGB;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the impact of consumers' attitude on the sale of licensed products of the various sports team, for the period of April to October 2010, in the U.S. It is mentioned that at the National Football League the top selling jersey was of the player Tim Tebow....
- Untitled. HENRY, MARCUS // New York Amsterdam News;7/7/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 27, p36
The article focuses on the money allocation of the National Basketball Association (NBA), which mentions that it does not have a local television revenue sharing mechanism like the National Football League (NFL) and the Major League Baseball (MLB).
- VISITING FANS AT QUALCOMM A PROBLEM? PADILLA JR., HECTOR // La Prensa San Diego;11/6/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 51, p8
No abstract available.
- adidas to Buy Reebok. Freifeld, Lorri // License!;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p52
Reports that German sporting goods company Adidas-Salomon AG has bought Reebok International Ltd. Total amount of combined sales; Significance of the purchase to Adidas; Statement of Adidas CEO Herbert Halner on the management plans for the two businesses.
- Adidas unveils details of American strategy. // Marketing Week;4/13/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the marketing strategy of Adidas Corp. after its acquisition of Reebok International Ltd. in the U.S. The Adidas brand will replace Reebok as the uniform provider for the National Basketball Association. CEO Herbert Hainer said that the deal will immediately scatter the...
- Mergers, Olympics and More. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/8/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 121, p16
The article reports on the pending merger between Adidas and Reebok as of December 2005. Some analysts believe the deal will not yield positive results. The impact of the deal on the industry is uncertain as Adidas aggressively seeks to build its U.S. business in an attempt to over take chief...
- Sports rights scorecard. Churchill, Rick // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p34
Enumerates several sports competitions that were televised in the United States. National Football League; National Basketball Association; Major League Basketball; National Hockey League.
- Team colors. Lynch, Michael W.; Henderson, Rick // Reason;Jul98, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p21
Presents the ethnic and racial composition of teams in professional sports in the United States. Hispanic composition of coaches in the National Football League; African American composition of players in the National Basketball Association; Hispanic composition of general managers in Major...
- From the Black Sox to the Sky Box: The Evolution and Mechanics of Commissioner Authority. Daniels, Colin J.; Brooks, Aaron // Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law;Fall2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
The article explores the historical evolution of the Office of the Commissioner in the three major U.S. professional sports, particularly Major League Baseball (MLB), the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the National Football League (NFL). It also discusses the mechanics of commissioner...