Conference Offers Insight Into Under Armour's Plans
- Muscling Up in Sports Gear. Mullins, Luke // U.S. News & World Report;12/10/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p57
The article focuses on the Under Armour company's growing presence in the athletic apparel business. It's sweat-reducing microfiber clothing has made it popular amongst high school and college athletes. Kevin Plank, chairman and chief executive officer, summarized his growth strategy by...
- Under Armour. Binns, Jessica // Apparel Magazine;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p10
This article presents a profile of Under Armour, a manufacturer and retailer of athletic apparel, accessories and footwear based in Baltimore, Maryland. Under Armour partners with retail mobile commerce provider Digby to market its products. The company launched a mobile site that resulted to...
- Powering Up. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p24
The article offers a look at Russell Athletic, which has been in the performance apparel category for years with its Dri-Power line. Included are quotes from Alex Hodges, vice president of marketing at Russell Athletic. Under Armour, another sporting goods retailer, is discussed. According to...
- Under Armour's Kevin Plank is featured speaker at 2007 Conference & Summit. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p8
The article describes highlights of the May 2007 NSGA (National Sporting Goods Association) Management Conference and Team Dealer Summit in Bonita Springs, Florida. The keynote speaker for the event will be Kevin Plank, chief executive of Under Armour, who will discuss channels of distribution...
- How I Did It. Hyman, Mark // Inc.;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p102
Interviews Kevin Plank, founder of apparel-maker Under Armour, on entrepreneurship. Financial performance of the company in the sports apparel market; Challenges faced in putting up the business; Worth and growth of the company.
- Sales, Profits Rise at Under Armour. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/27/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 90, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of sportswear designer Under Armour Inc. for the first quarter of 2006. First-quarter earnings soared more than 200 percent to $8.7 million, or 18 cents a share, from $2.5 million, or 5 cents, in the year-ago period. Revenues in the quarter ended...
- Under Armour debuts golf polo. Dodd, Annmarie // Golf World;3/21/2003, Vol. 56 Issue 33, Special Section p3
Evaluates the golf polo shirt introduced by Under Armour.
- IN THE MONEY: Diversification a key focus for Under Armour. Smith, Katie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);7/31/2014, p4
The article discusses strategic plan of performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour. Topics discussed include growth opportunities of the firm, adoption of diversification by the firm for prosperity and full-year earnings and revenue outlook of the firm. Kevin Plank, Chief...
- Under Armour's Technology Fuels Growth. Ken Hoover // Investors Business Daily;3/31/2014, pB02
Controversy swirled around