GOLITE INTRODUCES TRAIL RUNNING FOOTWEAR
- Timberland Set To Launch GoLite Footwear Collection. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
This article reports on the new line of footwear being offered by Timberland. Timberland will be producing a new line of footwear for trail running. The line will be operated under the GoLite brand, from whom Timberland purchased licensing rights and assets, and will be overseen from the...
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- MODERN VINTAGE. Ernst, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;8/27/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 33, p31
The article reports that Jesse Leyva, global design director for Nike's SportCulture division, was one of the designers responsible for the 2007 summer's Vintage Running release. Leyva remastered and reformatted iconic styles from 1972 to 1977, such as the LD-1000, the Daybreak, the Oregon...
- Flash and Dash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on several footwear models for 2005. Hyper Rocketgirl II from Asics; Complete TF LD from Puma; Cosmos MD from Adidas; JW Foster Distance from Reebok; Monsterfly from Nike.
- It's Gotta Be The Shoes. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips to use when choosing exercise shoes for running, walking, aerobics, and dancing. Tips include shopping at an independent running retailer, purchasing a shoe that is cushioned-neutral, and buying the correct shoe for a particular activity. It is noted that cross-training...
- Small Pleasures. Leand, Judy // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p30
Presents several athletic footwear for children released in the U.S. as of April 2004. Trail shoe from New Balance; Mud Runner Zip II from Reebok; Nike Shox Monster running shoe for girls.
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- Multiple Choice. // FN: Footwear News;9/22/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 36, p58
The article presents several footwear intended for multitasking for the spring season from firms making shoes that work across categories. The footwear are claimed to be ideal for trail running, light hiking, biking or even kayaking. They include Timberland Co., New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc.,...