Hailer Publishing Finds Niche in Military History and Strategy
- Publications. Robertson, John K. // Military Collector & Historian;Winter2012, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p263
The article explains that the nonprofit organization Company of Military Historians' Board of Governors is seeking permissions from article authors to republish material that has been printed in the periodicals "Military Collector & Historian" ("MC&H") and "Military Uniforms in America" ("MUIA").
- Where Is Pemulwuy? Manley, Brendan // Military History;May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the request being asked by Aborigine leaders from Prince Williams of Wales concerning the lost remains of indigenous rebel Pemulwuy.
- Books Received. Turner, Blair P. // Journal of Military History;Apr2005, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p613
Lists books received for review by the "Military History" journal as of April 2005.
- Recent Journal Articles. Swik, Wendy A. // Journal of Military History;Apr2005, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p620
Presents a compilation of published articles about military history that were published in various periodicals as of April 2005.
- Strategies from the Front Lines. Nawotka, Ed // Publishers Weekly;5/9/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p32
Presents an interview with author James D. Hornfischer about the writing and publishing of books about military history. Basic types of military history books; Phases of books about a specific war.
- Important Note to Subscribers. // Canadian Military History;Winter/Spring2015, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p9
The article provides important information to the subscribers of the periodical along with the information on exciting changes coming to the periodical. Topics discussed include periodical providing papers on the military history of Canada, trends in the publication industry like growth in the...
- Osprey Opens U.S. Office. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 51, p15
Reports on the launch of Osprey Publishing Inc., the U.S. office of British publisher Osprey Publishing Ltd. in December 2004. Focus of the U.S. office; Officers appointed to oversee the operations of the U.S. office; Growth of Osprey in the U.S. since 2002; Specialization of Osprey on military...
- Oil Spot. Ward, Robert J. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
This article focuses on counterinsurgency (COIN) operations by the U.S. in Iraq. Particular focus is given to the challenge posed by insurgencies based on nationalism or ideology. The COIN strategy in Iraq can be compared to the game Whack-a-Mole, according to one senior U.S. military officer....
- Censorship, North and South. // Time;1/4/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p49
The article reports that the journal "Scanlan" monthly has been struggling since October 1, 1970 to find a printer who would handle its November issue. Given over to "Guerrilla War in the U.S.A.," the November issue contains drawings and instructions on how to construct, place and detonate types...