COMMENTARY: Review: Noninvasive imaging techniques may be useful for diagnosing 70% to 99% carotid stenosis in symptomatic patients
- Review: Noninvasive imaging techniques may be useful for diagnosing 70% to 99% carotid stenosis in symptomatic patients. // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 145 Issue 3, p77
The article presents information on a study that was conducted to examine how noninvasive imaging techniques may be useful for diagnosing 70% to 99% carotid stenosis in symptomatic patients. Around 20 adult patients, 70% of whom had symptoms of transient ischemic attack or minor stroke in the...
- Carotid artery surgery: back to the future. Bosiers, Marc; Kleinsorge, Gustavo Henrique Dumont; Deloose, Koen; Navarro, T�lio Pinho // Jornal Vascular Brasileiro;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
In this study we performed 548 carotid revascularizations between 2006 and 2008 at the Department of Vascular Surgery of the A.Z. Sint-Blasius, Dendermonde, Belgium - a high-volume experienced center for carotid artery stenting (CAS). In 2006, our 30-day complication rates were 3.21 and 1.51%...
- Stent-Angioplasty for Internal-to-External Carotid Artery Anastomotic Stenosis: A Case Report. Lesley, Walter S.; Buckley, Clifford J. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p262
Endosurgical stenting and angioplasty using filter neuroprotection can be safely performed with a durable result for the repair of a cervical internal-to-external carotid artery anastomotic stenosis.
- Is a fetal origin of the posterior cerebral artery a risk factor for TIA or ischemic stroke? de Monyé, C.; Dippel, D. W. J.; Siepman, T. A. M.; Dijkshoorn, M. L.; Tanghe, H. L. J.; van der Lugt, A. // Journal of Neurology;Feb2008, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p239
Fetal origin of the posterior cerebral artery (PCA) is not uncommon. Whether patients with this anomaly have a higher risk of ischemic stroke in the territory of the PCA is not known. The clinical benefit of screening for a fetal origin in patients with TIA or stroke in the territory of the PCA...
- Aushon Launches New SignaturePLUS(tm) System for Multiplex Protein Biomarker Analysis. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/21/2011, p172
The article offers brief information on the SignaturePLUSâ„¢ Imaging and Analysis System from Aushon Biosystems Inc.
- Urgent Carotid Surgery: Is It Still out of Debate? Battocchio, C.; Fantozzi, C.; Rizzo, L.; Persiani, F.; Raffa, S.; Taurino, M. // International Journal of Vascular Medicine;2012, p1
Patients with symptomatic tight carotid stenosis have an increased short-time risk of stroke and an increased long-term risk of ischaemic vascular events compared with the general population. The aim of this study is to assess the safety, efficacy, and limitations of urgent CEA or CAS, in...
- Resection and reimplantation of a critically stenosed and 360Â° coiled internal carotid artery. Viswanathan, Sidharth; Parameshwarappa, Shashidhar Kallappa; Mandjiny, Nedounsejiane; Unnikrishnan, Madathipat // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Feb2015, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p388
The article presents a case study of a resection and reimplantation of a critically stenosed and 360Â° coiled internal carotid artery in a 78-year-old man presented with recurrent left hemispheric transient ischaemic attacks.
- Image Retrieval and Classification of Carotid Plaque Ultrasound Images. Christodoulou, C. I.; Pattichis, C. S.; Kyriacou, E.; Nicolaides, A. // Open Cardiovascular Imaging Journal;2010, Vol. 2, p18
The extraction of multiple features from high-resolution ultrasound images of atherosclerotic carotid plaques, characterizing the plaque morphology and structure can be used for the classification and retrieval of similar plaques and the identification of individuals with asymptomatic carotid...
- Spectroscopic OCT by Grating-Based Temporal Correlation Coupled to Optical Spectral Analysis. Froehly, L.; Ouadour, M.; Furfaro, L.; Sandoz, P.; Leproux, P.; Huss, G.; Couderc, V. // International Journal of Biomedical Imaging;2008, p1
Spectroscopic optical coherence tomography (spectroscopic OCT) is an echographic-like optical method for biomedical functional imaging. Current spectroscopic optical coherence tomography (OCT) methods rely on a posteriori numerical calculation. We present an alternative for optically accessing...