COMMENTARY: Aspirin plus dipyridamole was more effective than aspirin alone for preventing vascular events after minor cerebral ischemia
- Aspirin plus dipyridamole was more effective than aspirin alone for preventing vascular events after minor cerebral ischemia. // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 145 Issue 3, p57
The article presents information on a study that was conducted to determine the efficacy of aspirin plus dipyridamole in preventing hypertension and other vascular events after minor cerebral ischemia. About 2763 patients with minor ischemic stroke were included in the study. The study concluded...
- Blood pressure in diabetes: New targets, old paradigms. Vora, Jiten // Diabetes Digest;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p45
The article reports on the important gap that exists between the existing European Society of Cardiologists (ESC) guidelines for secondary prevention and the adherence to these guidelines in terms of control for coronary heart disease risk factors. It states that the guidelines is for the...
- The Determinants and Scope of Public Health Interventions to Tackle the Global Problem of Hypertension. Shrivastava, Saurabh RamBihariLal; Shrivastava, Prateek Saurabh; Ramasamy, Jegadeesh // International Journal of Preventive Medicine;Jul2014, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p807
Background: Hypertension is a significant public health concern of world-wide distribution and is also the most common cardiovascular disease risk factor. Adequate control of blood pressure is a critical element in the prevention of hypertension induced-organ damage and life-threatening...
- New trends in hypertension management. // Patient Care;1/30/1999, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p46
Highlights the hypertension guidelines that appear in the `Sixth Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure,' published in November 1997. Office detection and home monitoring; Risk stratification and treatment; Classification...
- Taking your blood pressure at home. // Patient Care;1/30/1999, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p83
Offers tips on how to measure blood pressure at home for early diagnosis or prevention of health problem associated with hypertension. Understanding of blood pressure measurement; Using of the monitor; Establishment of a schedule; Monitoring plan.
- Learn to Test Your Blood Pressure. // Total Health;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Offers advice on how patient should avoid hypertension. Significance of having a blood pressure monitoring equipment at home.
- Take control of high blood pressure in 2 weeks. Smith, Susan C. // Prevention;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p102
Presents advice for taking your own blood pressure at home. Why blood pressure tests taken in doctor's offices are often wrong; Selecting a blood pressure monitor; Tips to ensure an accurate reading; What the readings mean. INSET: Who's going to pay?.
- Home BP Monitoring May Assist BP Goal Attainment in the Elderly. // Neurology Alert;Jul2012 Clinical Briefs in, p14
The article discusses a trial conducted that indicated that home blood pressure (hBP) measurements were consistent with clinic blood pressure (cBP), referencing a trial conducted by W. C. Cusham and colleagues that was published in a 2012 issue of the "Journal of the American Society of...
- Cerebral perfusion in insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Rusinek, Henry; Ha, Jenny; Yau, Po Lai; Storey, Pippa; Tirsi, Aziz; Tsui, Wai Hon; Frosch, Olivia; Azova, Svetlana; Convit, Antonio // Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism;Jan2015, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p95
Cerebral perfusion was evaluated in 87 subjects prospectively enrolled in three study groups-healthy controls (HC), patients with insulin resistance (IR) but not with diabetes, and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Participants received a comprehensive 8-hour clinical evaluation and arterial spin...