- A SALT ON FOOD POISONING. Svitil, Kathy A. // Discover;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the toxic effect of sodium chloride on Salmonella typhimurium and E. coli O157:H7, whose internal enzymes convert sodium chlorate into toxic sodium chlorite.
- Salmonella cases reported at Miami restaurant. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the cases of salmonella poisoning in Miami, Florida.
- Outbreak of Salmonella serotype Typhimurium infection associated with eating raw ground beef... Frazak, P.A.; Kazmierczak, J.J. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/15/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p1
Summarizes the investigation of an outbreak of Salmonella serotype Typhimurium gastrointestinal illness in Wisconsin associated with eating contaminated raw ground beef during the 1994 winter holiday season. Reasons for the contamination; Measures to reduce the risks associated with the...
- Food poisoning up. Black, Mary E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/2/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6640, p7
Focuses on food poisoning issues in Great Britain. Notification of 7436 food poisoning cases in the country; Prevalence of food poisioning caused by Salmonella species; Factors contributing the increase food poisoning outbreaks.
- Large outbreak of food poisoning caused by Salmonella typhimurium definitive type 49 in mayonnaise. Mitchell, E.; O'Mahony, M.; Lynch, D.; Ward, L.R.; Rowe, B.; Uttley, A.; Rogers, T.; Cunningham, D.G.; Watson, R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/14/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6666, p99
Examines the outbreak of food poisoning caused by Salmonella typhimurium. Association of the illness with foods containing mayonnaise; Isolation of salmonella from stool samples; Investigation on food storage and preparation.
- Outbreaks of salmonellosis. Cowden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/02/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7065, p1094
Discusses studies of outbreaks of salmonellosis using the case control method. Use of surveillance to identify linked cases; Types of reported salmonellas; Limitations of the case control method.
- Salmonella species in pig units in Catalonia. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;8/26/2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p260
The article reports on the research findings of salmonella infections in pigs units in Catalonia, Spain. Culture and microbiological analysis were conducted out of the faecal samples taken from 113 finishing units and 74 sow units. A serological analysis was also conducted on 141 farms and...
- A food safety system full of holes. Lauro, Rosa L.; Slaughter, Louise // Hill;11/192013, Vol. 20 Issue 131, p20
The article reports on the hospitalization of more than 330 Americans from Puerto Rico and 20 U.S. states, after being poisoned by poultry products from poultry producer Foster Farms that are contaminated with salmonella strains.
- Tenn. health authorities seek salmonella source. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p156
Reports that health authorities in Chattanooga, Tennessee were not able to confirm the cause of the salmonella food poisoning of people who dined at a Red Lobster restaurant in June 2002.