Duty of care to the undiagnosed patient: Ethical imperative, or just a load of Hogwarts?
- A Closer Look at Today's Faith Healers. Alexander, David // Humanist;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p8
Provides a closer look at today's faith healers. Common traits of faith healers; Categories of faith healers; Recounts an experience at a faith healing program; Offers suggestions for solutions.
- Faith Healers in a Naturalistic Context. Barnhart, Joe // Humanist;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
Explains faith healers in a naturalistic context. Faith healing as high drama; Unpredicted healings; Looking for positive reinforcers; The gospel of health and wealth; Return to primitive sympathetic magic.
- Spagyric Medicine -- An Original Way of Healing with Plants. Bindschaedler, Elisabeth; Simon, Jean // Positive Health;Aug/Sep2008, Issue 150, p16
Spagyric medicine is a bridge between phytotherapy and homeopathy, combining the advantages of these two therapeutic systems but being a totally whole and complete system in itself.
- Nothing New under the Sun. Williams, Barry // Australasian Science;Mar2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p46
Recalls several examples of pseudoscientific beliefs. Concerns about alternative medicine in relation to psychic surgery in the 1980s; Claims on the medical uses of magnetism; Issues concerning the consequences of electromagnetic radiation for the health.
- So what's it really like to be a Spagyric Alchemist? SHOOT, BRITTANY // Spirituality & Health;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p21
An interview with Micah Nilsson, co-founder of Al-Kemi Spagyrics is presented. She provides an overview of spagyrics, which comes from a tradition of alchemy but with specific applications to plants and healing work. She explains the manufacturing process involved in making her company's...
- PREVALENCE OF OCCULT MEDICINE AND THE PROBLEM OF ITS IMPLEMENTATION IN THE PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY. SEVOSTYANOV, O. V.; RUZHENKOV, V. A.; BOEVA, A. V. // Belgogrod State University Scientific Bulletin: Medicine, Pharma;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p27
Based on the analysis of literature data and our own research considers the problem of prevalence and active implementation of occult medicine in clinical psychiatric practice. Sets out the reasons for the high popularity of esoteric practices among various groups of patients. It is discuss the...
- spiritual therapy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2047
A definition of the term "spiritual therapy" is presented. It refers to the use of beliefs, religious practices, and prayer to treat disease.
- EMPIRICS AND CHARLATANS IN EARLY MODERN FRANCE: THE GENESIS OF THE CLASSIFICATION OF THE 'OTHER' IN MEDICAL PRACTICE. Lingo, Alison Klairmont // Journal of Social History;Summer86, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p583
Examines how university-trained physicians transformed their competitors into a group considered morally and professionally unfit to practice medicine. Attacks against illicit healers in the late sixteenth and early seventeenth century; Discussion of how the inhabitants of the medical landscape...
- Unlocking Your Hidden Abilities -- the Easy Way. Merrigan, Geoff // Positive Health;Apr2004, Issue 98, p13
Relates the ability of the author to heal. Accounts on the study of a number of healing systems; Comments on the metaphor of individual practitioners for healing; Significance of attending a training course in healing.