Gifts that give: Paging Dr. Empathy, paging Dr. Empathy
- Helping children with no place to call home. // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p9
The article presents information on the importance of becoming foster parent at the time of holidays for children who do not have their own homes and also offers ways through which families can help the children including donating meals, donating baby items and donating food.
- Charity's Children. Gehrman, Elizabeth // Good Housekeeping;Jun2003, Vol. 236 Issue 6, p160
Profiles Charity Bell, a Harvard graduate student and a standby foster parent. Career highlights; Family background; Reason she does volunteer work.
- MENTAL HEALTH RISKS TO INFANTS AND TODDLERS IN FOSTER CARE. Fish, Betty; Chapman, Bette // Clinical Social Work Journal;Summer2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p121
This paper describes mental health risks to the birth-to-three foster care population. The paper describes risks of a relational and contextual nature. Relational risk factors, which have been previously identified by foster care researchers and clinicians, include the following: 1. Poor...
- Wages for fostering campaign launched. // Community Care;3/8/2007, Issue 1663, p6
The article reports on the launch of a campaign that calls for all foster carers in Great Britain to be given a wage for their work by the Fostering Network. According to the charity, foster carers should be given a fee 52 weeks a year to prevent periods of financial instability. A research...
- Would a System of Socialized Medicine be Practical for America? CON. Pusey, William Allen // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep35, Vol. 14 Issue 8/9, p211
Presents arguments by William Allen Pusey, former president of the American Medical Association, opposing the proposed system of socialized medicine in the United States. Dangers of socialization on medicine; Possible effects of socialization to physicians; Social responsibility of medicine.
- Would a System of Socialized Medicine be Practical for America? CON. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep35, Vol. 14 Issue 8/9, p215
Presents arguments by the American Medical Association, opposing the proposed system of socialized medicine in the United States.
- May honors foster parents. REMINGTON, TRISH // Graham Leader;5/17/2015, Vol. 139 Issue 79, p5A
No abstract available.
- MASSACHUSETTS. // Advocate;5/8/90, Issue 550, p23
Reports that Massachusetts' human services department has dismissed a policy that gave heterosexuals who apply to be foster parents automatic preference over gays. Factors in determining eligibility to be a foster parent.
- Quick Facts. // Filipino Post;10/10/2013, p12
The article reports on the needed foster parents for children under the government care in the Philippines and offers information on the requirements and approval process for any application.