US relaxes rules for Rx shopping sprees to Canada
- In brief... // British Medical Journal;10/18/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6247, p1086
Reports developments related to medicine in Great Britain as of October 1980. Growth in the prescription number reported by the Prescription Pricing Authority; Consideration on the increasing incidence of thefts of controlled drugs; Protest of the Pakistani Doctors (Overseas) Association on the...
- Buying MEDICINES ONLINE. // Choice;Mar2004, p32
Discusses the benefits of buying medicines online or by mail order and the risks associated with it. Information on e-pharmacies operating in Australia; Reasons why buying drugs online may look attractive to some people; Action taken by the U.S. National Association of Boards of Pharmacy...
- Pharmaceutical company practice. Simmonds, Heather // Practice Nurse;2/9/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information on the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry. The Code covers the promotion of medicines for prescribing, as well as the provision of information about prescription-only medicines. It reflects and...
- EMEA Priorities. // Applied Clinical Trials;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Outlines the goals of the Evaluation of Medicinal Products in 2004. Improvement of the Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products; Promotion of drugs for minor diseases and minor species; Development of a more coordinated legal team.
- A Segmentation Analysis of Prescription Drug Information-Seeking Motives Among the Elderly. Morris, Louis A.; Tabak, Ellen R.; Olins, Nancy J. // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Fall92, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p115
A study was done to determine why elderly users of hypertension medication seek or avoid prescription drug information. Subjects were users of the American Association of Retired Persons Pharmacy Service who returned a questionnaire that measured theoretically relevant motivations and...
- Meeting highlights. // Formulary;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p957
Details the result of the research conducted by the Association of Pharmacoeconomics on drug evaluation and formulary management. Outline on how to conduct and evaluate pharmacoeconomic studies; Update on the Canadian experience with pharmacoeconomics; Problems associated with drug assessment...
- American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists Up-Date on Activities as of July 7th 2003. // American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine;Winter2003/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p324
Reports on the achievements of the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists as of July 7, 2003. Preparation for the seminar Drug Labeling and Advertising and Contract Manufacturing; Establishment of two classifications for Homeopathic preparations by the U.S. Customs.
- New BUPA Scales. // Accountancy;Aug1966, Vol. 77 Issue 876, p535
This article describes the services offered by the British United Provident Association. The general practitioner scheme has been revised to provide a large part of the cost of prescribing drugs and medicines. The age limit for joining has been raised from fifty-five to sixty-five. A top scale,...
- COUNCIL NEWS IN BRIEF. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;12/13/2003, Vol. 153 Issue 24, p732
Presents news briefs on the veterinary practice in Great Britain, current as of December 13, 2003. Horse passports; Veterinary medicines for minor uses and minor species; British Veterinary Association board members.