- We're Turning 40. Carr, Bob // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p12
An interview is presented with Bob Carr, the former editor of "Sporting Goods Business" magazine. Carr explains that the magazine was originally tabloid size and offering controlled circulation made it appealing to retailers. He states that the idea of giving the magazine away for free was very...
- Nike unveils sixth unit in L.A. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/22/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the opening of the sixth store of Nike in Los Angeles, California. Number of store openings by the year 2000; Ribbon-cutting by Olympic swimming team member Tisha Venturini; Presence of Olympic athletes Olympic runner Michael Johnson and professional beach volleyball player Gabrielle...
- Apparel Helps Nike Beat Forecasts. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 60, p22
Reports on the financial performance of sporting goods firm Nike for the first three quarters ending on August 31, 2003. Robust apparel sales; Net earnings; Total revenues; Expansion in gross margin; Overseas sales gains.
- Biggest Nike Town set for '96 debut in N.Y. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/26/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 80, p2
Reports on Nike Inc.'s plans to open a Nike Town store in New York City in November 1996. Other Nike Town units owned and operated by Nike Inc.; Comments by Nike vice president of retail Bruce A. Fabel.
- NikeTown opens by the bay. Hammond, Teena; Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/27/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 39, p12
Reports on the opening of NikeTown Store in San Francisco, California. Prices of sports shoes at store; Opening day marred by arrests and protests over alleged exploitation by Nike of workers in Indonesia; Features of the NikeTown store.
- Nike's NY groundbreaking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/9/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 88, p11
Cites Nike Inc.'s breaking of ground on November 9, 1995 for a Nike Town location in New York City. Opening of the store in November 1996; Dimensions; Other units planned for 1996.
- Nike town unit is slated for spring 1996 in Seattle. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 103, p2
Reports on the opening of Nike Inc.'s Nike Town store in Seattle, Washington. Prospective locations for other stores; Inclusion of a central area to showcase the brand's latest footwear and apparel; Provides space for sports clinics and other special events; Expansion plans.
- Nike in N.Y.: In the starting blocks. Spevack, Rachel; Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/29/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 82, p4
Reports on Nike Inc.'s opening of a NikeTown superstore in New York City. Aim of revolutionizing apparel retailing; Use of high technology interactive selling; Nike's optimism that all its stores will be profitable.
- Nike Changes Strategy, Closes Irvine ACG Office. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;11/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p4
Reports that Nike Inc. will close its All Conditions Gear sporting goods unit in Irvine, California. Shift in the company's focus to outdoor and winter sports products prompting the closure; Number of employees affected by the closure.