New Balance Acquires Brine
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 30, p2
The article presents an update on the clothing and apparel industry. New Balance has acquired Brine Inc., a manufacturer of soccer, lacrosse, field hockey and volleyball apparel and equipment for women, men and children. Denim brand True Religion will open its first outlet store at the Desert...
- Sure Footing. Ryan, Thomas // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p28
Presents an interview with Jim Davis, chairman and CEO of New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., about market share. Impact of the Adidas/Reebok merger on New Balance; Status of the running category; Approach of the company towards the women's running market.
- New Balance Nabs Brine, Bows Huge Ad Campaign. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;8/14/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 32, p26
The article announces the launch of a marketing campaign by New Balance and its acquisition of Brine Inc. as of August 14, 2006. The firm said it has acquired athletic products producer Brine. Separately, New Balance has introduced NB Zip, a performance technology that will be supported by the...
- A New Balance. Abel, Katie // FN: Footwear News;4/30/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p10
The article presents an interview with Jim Davis of New Balance about his growth plans for the company. He explains the decision to choose Rob DeMartini for the new CEO job. He discusses the growth initiatives for 2007 in the footwear industry. He points out the company's biggest opportunities...
- Hummel, New Balance Stake New Ground. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 111, p11
Focuses on the move of two sport companies in the U.S. to expand their brand into a new line of business. Move of the Hummel company to launch women's performance soccer apparel; Move of the New Balance company to expand its business in areas such as eyewear, socks, bags and exercise equipment;...
- MANUFACTURER NEWS. // NSGA Retail Focus;May/Jun2011, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p22
The article offers news briefs on several sporting goods (SG) manufacturers. The line of lacrosse equipment by Under Armour Inc., in partnership with Vertical Lax Inc., will have its launch on November 2011. DryDock Footwear company was established by New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. to boost the...
- MERGER MANIA. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the consolidation of companies in the sports industry as of July 2004. Creation of types of partnerships by vendors who are pursuing equipment companies; Purchase of The Hockey Co. by Reebok in April 2004; Acquisition of Warrior Lacrosse by New Balance in February 2004; Merger of...
- New Balance to make Euro advertising debut. // Marketing Week;3/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p10
Announces that athletic brand New Balance is launching its first above-the line campaign across the U.S. and Europe. Tagline used in the campaign; Goal of the company to raise consumer awareness of its heritage as a running brand.
- New Balance Runs With Apparel. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/7/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 27, p19
Reports on footwear and activewear company New Balance's focus on its apparel segment. Reinvention of the brand's apparel; Ranking in a brand recognition survey; Plans to rely on freelancers and hire in-house designers; Objective to meet with retailers; Advertising campaigns.