Teaching how IT can support patient care: Dalhousie University's Infomatics program
- CAREER ADVICE. Naimpally, Shiv // Siliconindia;Nov2001, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p68
Presents an advisory on issues pertaining to careers in computer science and information technology. Graduate programs for electrical engineers consulting in information technology; Online resource for potential biotechnologists; Guidelines for pursuing a career in computer science.
- Chinese IT Education Sees Boost from U.S. School. // Certification Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the joint efforts of Stevens Institute of Technology and Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) to provide information technology (IT)-centric courses to Chinese students. Steven develops postgraduate programs that provide Chinese students knowledge and skills relevant to...
- LA LÃ“GICA EN LAS CIENCIAS COMPUTACIONALES. Edgar Serna, M. // Revista EducaciÃ³n en IngenierÃa;ene-jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p62
In this paper it is analyzed the need to include the logic in training processes in Computer Science (CS). It is part of a tour of the history of logic in these sciences, later it's described the relationship and the need to include it in the training processes related, and finally analyzed...
- MEDICAL PRACTICE AND MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb67, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p435
Reprints the article on medical practice and medical knowledge, from the 1996 issue of 'The Graduate Education of Physicians' periodical.
- Healthcare: An Industry Full of Opportunities. // Washington Informer;5/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 30, pH-6
The article discusses careers in the healthcare industries which offer tremendous opportunities in this field. Some of the careers related to this field are listed in the American Medical Association Health Care Careers Directory. Therefore, understanding the careers in this industry, Graduate...
- Success of podiatrists in prestigious national research training awards. Campbell, Jackie // Podiatry Now;Dec2009, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that three podiatrists were awarded the Great Britain National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship (C-DRF). The NIHR Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship provides doctoral training in the Clinical Academic Training Pathway and provides...
- Averting IT disasters. Wilkie, Margaret // MAI Review;2010, Issue 2, p1
The article provides an answer to a question regarding information technology and the preventive measures against problems which may occur in doctoral or educational researches.
- Institutions of higher learning that get high marks for IT programs. // PC Week;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p64
Presents a chart of several universities in the United States in 1998 whose information technology programs stand out. Location; Courses; Intern program; Job placement statistics; Cost for a four-year degree; Schools like Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University,...
- Management & Applications of IT in Accounting. Saunders, Ronnie // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p43
Focuses on a graduate program in management and applications of information technology (IT) in accounting in Ireland. Program development; Participating organizations; Role of IT in the accounting profession.