Pregnant Drug Users, Fetal Persons, and the Threat to Roe v. Wade
- The Abortion Horizon Today. // America;03/27/99, Vol. 180 Issue 10, p3
Editorial. Ponders on the issue of abortion based on the United State Supreme Court case Roe versus Wade. How the case dealt with the constitutionality of abortion; Development in Court's abortion jurisprudence in 1990s; Pro-life policy of George W. Bush, candidate for the presidency of the...
- Introductory Remarks. Borchers, Patrick J. // Albany Law Review;1999, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p803
Presents the text of the speech given by Patrick J. Borchers, the associate dean for academic affairs of the Albany Law School of Union University in November 1998 which deals with the introduction of speakers at a symposium on the United States Supreme Court case `Roe v. Wade.'
- Reflections on the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Roe v. Wade. Weddington, Sarah // Albany Law Review;1999, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p811
Presents the text of a speech given by Sarah Weddington, adjunct associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin, on November 1998 which deals with the subject of the United States supreme court case `Roe v. Wade.'
- Notes of a Foot-Soldier. Vinciguerra, Timothy J. // Albany Law Review;1999, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p1167
Discusses the effect of the ruling of the United States Supreme Court over the `Roe v. Wade' case on the field of obstetrics and gynecology. Overview of the history of abortion; Impact on women's health; Impact on medical education and training in abortion services; Impact on health care...
- Protect the Parents' Rights? Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;8/30/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p59
The article comments on a reaction to the efforts of some U.S. legislators to influence votes on a measure aimed at outlawing the transportation of a minor from a state in which parental consent is required for abortion. It describes the practice of pregnant women to go to states which do not...
- Judicial Choice and the Politics of Abortion: Institutions, Context, and the Autonomy of Courts. Brace, Paul; Hall, Melinda Gann // Albany Law Review;1999, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1265
Discusses issues on inter-institutional conflict of cases decided since Roe versus Wade by state supreme courts and their challenges after regulating abortion services were raised. Analysis of autonomy of courts; Details of the seminal research on the United States Supreme Court.
- Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch. Shivakumar, Priyanka // Brooklyn Law Review;Fall2012, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p201
The article discusses the impact of multiple pregnancies on a woman's right to an abortion under the laws of the U.S. as of September 2012, focusing on the constitutional rights of American women in regards to pregnancies, abortions, and assisted reproductive technologies. In vitro fertilization...
- Ban May Go to Supreme Court. Veenker, Jody // Christianity Today;12/06/99, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p21
Reports that the United States (US) Supreme Court may decide on the issue whether it is legal for states to ban partial-birth abortions. Comparison on the rulings of the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit with the Eight Circuit on the legality of partial-birth abortion laws; Number of...
- The Future of an Illusion: Reconstituting Planned Parenthood v. Casey. Strossen, Nadine; Collins, Ronald K.L. // Constitutional Commentary;Winter99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p587
Discusses the plurality opinion in the United States (US) Supreme Court case Planned Parenthood versus Casey and its relevance to the case of Roe versus Wade which is about abortion. Attacks by anti-Roe zealots; Observations about the Casey case and how it has affected public perceptions of...