Are you getting results?
- Managing in real time. Gomolski, Barb // InfoWorld;12/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p10
Presents information on real-time operations (RTO), a technique used in disseminating information inside and outside a work environment. Use of RTO on the competitive advantage of a company over another; Industrial sectors which have been benefited by RTO; Impact of the use of RTO on the...
- Tapping Unused Employee Capabilities. Risher, Howard // Public Manager;Summer2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the creation of a high performance environment in the U.S. Changes in the work paradigm; Approach to training of human resource managers and supervisors; Role of the human resource department in improving corporate performance.
- Editorial. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Oct2014, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles that focuses on performance management within the issue on topics including nurturing workplace environment, improvement of workplace performance, and importance of unlearning.
- The united way. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Dec1993, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Focuses on differing views about the effect of competition and cooperation among employees in the workplace. Advantages and limitations of competitiveness; Competitiveness as an integral part of the free enterprise system; Determination of competition level within the work environment; Benefits...
- ThinkFM focuses on 'competitive edge' for 2015. // FM World;11/6/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p38
The article offers information on the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) ThinkFM conference on May 13, 2015 at Kings Place in London, England themed "The Competitive Edge: Gaining Competitive Advantage through the Workplace."
- Sleepless Executives. Ferguson, Brian // Executive Excellence;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p17
Presents things that keep chief executive officers in the U.S. awake. Buying power of Wal-Mart, GE, Microsoft and all the mega-marketers; Nostalgia in the workplace; China and other foreign competitors; Poor education system; Shortage of qualified workers.
- Want Engaged Employees? Wilson, Trevor // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p29
In this article, the author discusses the tips for improving the work culture to make the employee actively engaged in the development and growth of the organization. Topics discussed include using performance evaluation to assess the employees' strength and weakness, giving recognition and...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF IMPLEMENTING PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN ROMANIAN FIRMS. Abrudan, Madela Maria; Coita, Dorin // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p1204
To understand the importance of Performance Management (PM) we can start from the answers to the question: What distinguishes the "best" companies \ from the rest? Many writers and consultants are using the term "performance management" as a substitution for the traditional appraisal system....
- Cross-Cultural Performance Feedback in Multinational Enterprises: Opportunity for Organizational Learning. Milliman, John; Taylor, Sully; Czaplewski, Andrew J. // Human Resource Planning;2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p29
This article focuses on the challenges a multinational enterprise (MNE) faces in implementing an important management practice â€” performance feedback â€” across its different business units and cross-cultural teams. Two critical incidents are presented that involve miscommunication...