All in for aluminum
- Remember Those Beasts of Steel? Kirschenman, Karl // Body Shop Business;Mar2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p24
The article presents information of interest to owners of automobile body shop owners. Topics discussed include the decline in the use of steel body panels, the reluctance of body shop owners to invest in aluminum tools and equipment, and a procedure for replacing the aluminum front wheelhouse...
- dramatic rise predicted for aluminum bodies. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Dec2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the increase in the use of aluminium in car manufacturing in Michigan. Performance benefits of advanced automotive aluminium designs; Material for the manufacture of car bodywork; Number of aluminium vehicles on the road.
- Alloy Cat. Scarlett, Michael // Automotive Industries;Dec2002, Vol. 182 Issue 12, p53
Discusses the construction of the aluminum alloy body of the Jaguar XJ automobile. Features of the aluminum alloy sheets used; Details of the production process; Information on the alloy used for the skin panels of the automobile.
- ALUMINUM STUDIES, JAGUAR. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2003, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the use of aluminum in Jaguar XJ automobile. Benefits of the use of lightweight material for the vehicle; Description of the vehicle; Information on the introduction of the first XJ in 1968.
- Improvement of Formability of 6xxx Aluminum Alloys Using Incremental Forming Technology. Golovashchenko, Sergey F.; Krause, Al // Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance;Aug2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p503
Aluminum sheet is becoming increasingly common as an automotive body panel material. The heat-treatable aluminum alloys of the 6xxx series are widely used as an outer panel material, due to their ability to precipitation harden during the paint-bake cycle, resulting in improved dent resistance....
- WORKING WITH ALUMINUM. PRESTON, GEOFF // Auto Body Repair Network;Aug2014, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p36
The article discusses tips and techniques in repairing the aluminum body of automobiles. Topics discussed include original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), occurrence and prevention of galvanic corrosion, and use of Capacitor Discharge Welder (CDW) to resist high thermal conductivity of aluminum....
- What Do I Need to Get Started in Aluminum Repair? Becker, Mitch // Body Shop Business;Apr2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p35
The article presents a question and answer about factors to consider when planning to add aluminum repair to the services of an automobile body shop.
- Beware Of Cat. Turrettini, John // Forbes Global;6/9/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p54
Features the Jaguar XJ aluminum sedan. Price; Examples of cars with aluminum bodies; Goal of Jaguar for the XJ sedan.
- ALUMINUM STUDIES, AUDI. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2003, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the use of aluminum in Audi 8 automobile. Amount invested by Audi when the first A8 automobile was launched in 1984; Description of the vehicle; Weight of the body of the A8 automobile.